Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Frustrated with the default video player

I'm trying to move ahead a bit on the videos so I tap on the video screen and up comes the three buttons and the long slider.

But as soon as I tap on the slider the entire back, pause/play and forward box disappears. I just can't figure out how to use the slider.

I'm sure it' something stupid that I'm not doing right but I have no idea what it is.

Last edited by TonyToews; 10-31-2011 at 04:15 PM.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:55 AM   #2
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Using mPlayer

So at the advice of folks here I installed the mVideoPlayer which has a slider that I find works compared to the built in video player. (As per my previous thread I can't figure out how to use it's slider.)

So now I want to tell the Vox/ES File Explorer to always use the mVideoPlayer rather than the built in video player. But I have no idea where to find such a setting.
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
So at the advice of folks here I installed the mVideoPlayer which has a slider that I find works compared to the built in video player. (As per my previous thread I can't figure out how to use it's slider.)

So now I want to tell the Vox/ES File Explorer to always use the mVideoPlayer rather than the built in video player. But I have no idea where to find such a setting.
If you don't get prompted to choose a video player, you need to go into Settings/Applications/Manage Applications. then find the player it's using, and select Clear Default. Then, the next time it asks how to open the file, select the checkbox at the bottom, thn pick mVideoPlayer.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
The message and checkbox at the bottom are in white, so it's hard to see. It happened to me when I installed Opera, too. I was getting that message for the installed browser and Opera every time I navigated to a new page!

Is mVideo Player better Tony?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
TonyToews
Evangelist

I wonder why a moderator combined both my postings into one thread? The postings are dealing with two separate products and should be separate so other folks can see the solution that's appropriate to them.
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Yeah, I was wondering why you had two separate topics in one thread! I addressed your first post, though. You may want to re-post your second one...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:21 PM   #7
TonyToews
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
If you don't get prompted to choose a video player, you need to go into Settings/Applications/Manage Applications. then find the player it's using, and select Clear Default. Then, the next time it asks how to open the file, select the checkbox at the bottom, thn pick mVideoPlayer.
Thanks to you and pokee's comments about white on white I finally figured it out. I had to slide that screen up a bit to see the white on white stuff.

mVideoPlayer is now my default and the slider is working much better for me.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:11 PM   #8
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
The Kobo interface has white backgrounds, but the standard Gingerbread font is white. Guess what they forgot to customize...
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #9
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
What exactly is the default video player and where do I find it on the Vox and how can I test it?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:37 AM   #10
TonyToews
Evangelist

SensualPoet, Gallery is the name of the default video player. It's one of your apps. Note that if you want to poke about, say on an microSD card, you might want to download ES File Explorer from http://www.apktop.com/tag/es-file-explorer. Being a computer uber geek a file explorer was one of the first things I installed.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I installed a file explorer,too, but for less geeky types, installing from dropbox works well.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote