Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
JustinD
JustinD began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini, iPhone, Kindle
PC Memory use of Calibre query

I am encountering significant memory usage with Calibre. I have it running 24/7 on my Win 7 PC/server. It fetches about 3-4 papers on average a day. Since my server was becoming very unresponsive without major delays I started to check the memory usage of programs. To my surprise Calibre was using about 575 meg of memory in task manager (after a few days of fetching). Now that I have rebooted its down to 140 meg.

Should I be trying to work out how setup some sort of schedule to restart Calibre? I am running 0.7.52

update: This morning I checked Calibre's memory usage on my PC. Last night I restarted it and it was using 139mb main Calibre program and 4 x 20mb for worker processes. This morning, after fetching 3 papers the main Calibre program was using 348mb in Memory. After restarting the program it went back to 140mb.

Should this be happening as its killing my server's ability to run other processes after a number of days as I run a number of programs on it?
JustinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, that shouldn't be happening. Open a ticket for it and I will look at it when I find the time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert