Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 05:59 AM   #31
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
I wonder if there's a way to tell Midori to stop gif animation like in other browsers, since the refresh tends to make some pages practically unreadable. I'd try the ESC key trick, if only I knew where the key is...

I checked the option that prevents the loading of images, at the moment.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #32
willyloco
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microcox View Post
I think i have had a similar problem. I solved it by accessing the configuration file of the webbrowser from my computer and by changing the defaut place (choose any folder at the upper level, so that you will be able to navigate through your folders from midori).

Does it help?
I changed the config file in the webbrowser on my computer but that did not show in the prefences menu in midori
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 04:56 PM   #33
Microcox
Microcox began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
Well, well. Then i'm giving you more details on what i did (just in case you made a mistake). If it's not that, then it's something else

So, i changeD the following stuff in the "config-backup" file of the system/midori folder :

Code:
[settings]
default-encoding=ISO-8859-1
last-window-width=828
last-window-height=1200
download-folder=/mnt/ext1/YOURFOLDER
user-agent=Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en; rv:1.9.2.13) Firefox   
preferred-languages=fr
If you did exactly that and it didn't worked, then i'm afraid i can't help you
Microcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #34
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nel View Post
Hi there,

1.what do you mean by "place" the webbrowser-ff.app somewhere?
2. I see that there is a MIDORI folder containing files: config, cookies, history, session.old.xbel, session.xbel.

Nel
I suggest to place it in Applications' folder.
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #35
willyloco
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microcox View Post
Well, well. Then i'm giving you more details on what i did (just in case you made a mistake). If it's not that, then it's something else

So, i changeD the following stuff in the "config-backup" file of the system/midori folder :

Code:
[settings]
default-encoding=ISO-8859-1
last-window-width=828
last-window-height=1200
download-folder=/mnt/ext1/YOURFOLDER
user-agent=Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en; rv:1.9.2.13) Firefox   
preferred-languages=fr
If you did exactly that and it didn't worked, then i'm afraid i can't help you
I did what you suggested (same as I did a few times before) but I used Notepad++ this time. It works like a charm.
Thanks a lot.
Advert
Old 03-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #36
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyloco View Post
I did what you suggested (same as I did a few times before) but I used Notepad++ this time. It works like a charm.
Thanks a lot.
This sounds like the old issue with line termination between dos/windows and unix. The first uses CR and LF, while the latter just uses LF. So, midori may have been reading the CR as part of whatever comes after the '=' in the configuration file. I also remember that dos files use an end-of-file character as well, but the unix ones don't. Maybe Notepad++ is smart enough to recognize and use whatever the existing convention is in the file.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #37
ed007
ed007 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 603a
review,thank you for improving the browser, there are 2 questions:
1. How to do that always seemed to have the browser "(compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows CE; PPC; 600x800)"
2. How to do that would be "midori-enhanced" was in the system default: now on the link from the html file opens webbrowser.app.
Thank you.
ed007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #38
Oldskool360
Oldskool360 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 360 Plus
Pardon my ignorance but can this be used with the PB 360 at all?
Oldskool360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #39
gshank
Enthusiast
gshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle
re: Can this be used with pb360?

It can be used with pb360+, but my guess would be that it can't be used with pb360. Because the pb360 doesn't have wifi, it doesn't have the ssl libraries. I don't have a non-plus pb360 to try it on, though.
gshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #40
alegeott
alegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it is

Device: Pocketbook Pro 603 (Leggo IBS)
Hi guys
there is a updated version of midori (if possible for 2.1.2 RC2 firmware, pocketbook pro 90x/60x) with support to html5 and userscripts (greasemonkey, or similar type of scripts)?

Thank you!
alegeott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:36 AM   #41
Kyriako
Connoisseur
Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Hello review,
I tried your Midori on my PB903, FW 2.1.3, but it hanged.
Midori and FW seem not to fit.
Is there a solution?

Regards,
kyriako.
Kyriako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #42
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Hi Kiriako,
I don't think review reads this forum anymore - however I can confirm Midori does not work with the new firmware versions (2 onwards). Having said that, I think the browser on the 903 is working fine (you can bookmark, open different tabs, etc), and it changes orientation to landscape, which the adapted midori did not do (or rather, it did change the orientation to portrait, but the window width was the same as in portrait mode)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:59 PM   #43
Kyriako
Connoisseur
Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Kyriako is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Hello Paola,
thank you for the information.
The original browser is quite alright. But if you type in that link:
www.rohde-schwarz.com
no characters are shown anymore and even the app is affected.
If I type in:
www.conrad.de
the browser would close.
I wonder if the programmers of the app are aware of this.

By the way, I have written a (Windows-)tool for converting Firefox/Opera Bookmarks to the PB format. If you are interested, you will find the file "PocketbookBM.zip" here:
http://home.arcor.de/guentermeinel/download.html
Unfortunately, it is written in German. But it's easy: load the html-file(exported from the PC browser) and (perhaps after editing) save the xbel file.

Regards,
kyriako.
Kyriako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #44
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyriako View Post
By the way, I have written a (Windows-)tool for converting Firefox/Opera Bookmarks to the PB format. If you are interested, you will find the file "PocketbookBM.zip" here:
http://home.arcor.de/guentermeinel/download.html
Unfortunately, it is written in German. But it's easy: load the html-file(exported from the PC browser) and (perhaps after editing) save the xbel file.

Regards,
kyriako.
Kyruako, many thanks, I am sure many people will be interested (definitely I am): but then how do you access the xbel file (and forgive my ignorance, is xbel the extension)? Does the browser read it automatically?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #45
Kyriako
Connoisseur