Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Hey MAC & Kindle owners!

I have a question. Since MobiPocket Creator does not work on a Mac (as far as I know), what does?

Will Stanza and/or Claibre help people create non-DRM mobi books?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #2
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I have a question. Since MobiPocket Creator does not work on a Mac (as far as I know), what does?

Will Stanza and/or Claibre help people create non-DRM mobi books?
See I knew you wanted a Mac, I Have converted all my Non-DRM stuff to azw or mobi files with Stanza.

JJ

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-22-2008 at 01:17 PM.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not me. I'm just trying to help someone on the Amazon forums.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #4
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Not me. I'm just trying to help someone on the Amazon forums.
Well Point them this way, I would be more than happy to help, Still cant post on the Amazon boards. Dont work to hard between here and there and the Wiki You may over do it.

JJ
Old 07-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Well Point them this way, I would be more than happy to help, Still cant post on the Amazon boards. Dont work to hard between here and there and the Wiki You may over do it.

JJ
They've been pointed. I'm also working today, so my plate is full!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
TheJohnNewton
Addict
TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
See I knew you wanted a Mac, I Have converted all my Non-DRM stuff to azw or mobi files with Stanza.

JJ
Why would you convert anything to the azw format? It's only useable on the Kindle but mobi you can use on multiple readers or computers. Or can Stanza read azw?
TheJohnNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:43 PM   #7
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Has anyone gotten stanza's "share files" with an iphone, to work?

( nevermind -- my bad. it works fine!)

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 07-23-2008 at 01:58 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:25 PM   #8
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJohnNewton View Post
Why would you convert anything to the azw format? It's only useable on the Kindle but mobi you can use on multiple readers or computers. Or can Stanza read azw?
Because for some people that have a kindle azw works just fine, The OP's original question was for a Kindle. So I responded as such. If you can convert it in Stanza you can read it in Stanza as far as I know, I havent run into any issues. If I do I will let you know.

JJ
Old 07-23-2008, 10:56 AM   #9
TheJohnNewton
Addict
TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Because for some people that have a kindle azw works just fine, The OP's original question was for a Kindle. So I responded as such. If you can convert it in Stanza you can read it in Stanza as far as I know, I havent run into any issues. If I do I will let you know.
JJ
Yes azw works fine on a Kindle but mobi or prc work exactly the same plus they also work on other devices. My point is since the time and effort involved is exactly the same you might as well convert to the more useable format. I have a Kindle and I even convert my unprotected azw files to prc. Well if you consider just changing the extension a "conversion" lol.

If Stanza can read azw that would be cool. I don't know of any software that will read azw on a PC.
TheJohnNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:30 PM   #10
Zoidbert
Zoidbert began at the beginning.

Device: Not Quite a Kindle Yet
I've put in a request at Mariner Software for a "Kindle Ready" word processing program (along the lines of their MacJournal software). They're a great group and quite receptive to suggestions.
Zoidbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidbert View Post
I've put in a request at Mariner Software for a "Kindle Ready" word processing program (along the lines of their MacJournal software). They're a great group and quite receptive to suggestions.
I don't know that this software would work on a Kindle because you can't (as far as I've seen) load software onto it. And doing a lot of typing on the Kindle's chicklet keyboard would make you go insane. Luckily for me, I'm already daffy, so it can't hurt me much.

Am I misunderstanding what you want to do with this software?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:41 PM   #12
Zoidbert
Zoidbert began at the beginning.

Device: Not Quite a Kindle Yet
Actually, didn't mean to say that the software was for the Kindle. The software would be for the Mac, and allow you to set up text on your Mac and then save as a .mobi file for use on the Kindle (i.e., setting up chapters, etc.). It would also have the capability to set up a file in Amazon's proprietary format for self-publishing authors.
Zoidbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Ohhh, gottcha.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:51 PM   #14
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
I don't know that this software would work on a Kindle because you can't (as far as I've seen) load software onto it. And doing a lot of typing on the Kindle's chicklet keyboard would make you go insane. Luckily for me, I'm already daffy, so it can't hurt me much.

Am I misunderstanding what you want to do with this software?
Her words not mine

JJ
Old 07-29-2008, 12:00 AM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Her words not mine

JJ
I knew that would draw you out of hiding.

Tags
duck!