Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
RotAnal
Connoisseur
RotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Autoeject on getting Calibre list of books

Dear Sirs,
I have noticed that after connecting the M92 Boox device to Calibre, while run "getting list of books on device" background job, M92 invariably disconnects (somewhat like autoeject) after about 5 min as read in the job running time. Of course I get error (at about 50% job completion ) and this prevents any sync and useful work. Moreover, in order to get device connected one more time, I have to turn the device off and on again, which is rather annoying.
Finally, I noticed that that "timeout" does not depend on Power Manager settings and it has something to do with file transfers, because w/o Calibre, M92 keeps tight to my notebook, while whenever I look in the M92 SD card, I soon get device disconnection.
Any suggestion? Is there any setting to be changed by me?
Thanks so much for your possible help.
RotAnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
davidjoseph1
Enthusiast
davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Onyx Boox M90, M92 (*3),M96, N96,I86ml,C67ml,Kepler,Poke,Poke2,Nova3
I had this problem briefly. It went away when I switched USB cables.
davidjoseph1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2013, 04:19 AM   #3
RotAnal
Connoisseur
RotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjoseph1 View Post
I had this problem briefly. It went away when I switched USB cables.
I used the original cable and, furthermore, I tried different cables with no success IMHO, it's a sw, not hw trouble.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:12 AM   #4
RotAnal
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotAnal View Post
IMHO, it's a sw, not hw trouble.
I was wrong, I discovered that he trouble was actually ascribed to my faulty auxiliary SDHC card, which got some physical errors (however, I wonder WHAT brought about failure, since the card was purchased six months ago and only used together with Boox). I replaced the card and everything went fine.
Thanks anyway for the support
Maurizio Ciofalo