Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
SmoothGoL
SmoothGoL began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
cannot annotate ePubs in Onyx Boox M92

Hello,

I got my Onyx Boox M92 just a few days ago and I was able to use all the features for PDF files. But for some reason the annotations that I make in ePub files disappear as soon as I finish writing my annotation and click "OK".

I was very surprised to see that nobody else seems to have the same problem.

My current device was sent to me by the ereader-store.de with the latest firmware version 1.7 20120514.

I would VERY much appreciate it if someone could find a solution to this. If annotations are not possible I would also be happy if I could at least be able to highlight the text. Thank you!

Greetings SmoothGoL
SmoothGoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothGoL View Post
Hello,

I got my Onyx Boox M92 just a few days ago and I was able to use all the features for PDF files. But for some reason the annotations that I make in ePub files disappear as soon as I finish writing my annotation and click "OK".

I was very surprised to see that nobody else seems to have the same problem.

My current device was sent to me by the ereader-store.de with the latest firmware version 1.7 20120514.

I would VERY much appreciate it if someone could find a solution to this. If annotations are not possible I would also be happy if I could at least be able to highlight the text. Thank you!

Greetings SmoothGoL
Hi,
this is a known issue of current firmware. Currently our dev-team is working on the new PDF Reader software, which is almost finished. Please be patient, it will be available very soon. In urgent cases just convert your EPUB to PDF.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
SmoothGoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
this is a known issue of current firmware. Currently our dev-team is working on the new PDF Reader software, which is almost finished. Please be patient, it will be available very soon. In urgent cases just convert your EPUB to PDF.
Ah, OK, thanks. But according to what I read you were working for ereader-store.de and not Onyx Boox?
Old 06-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothGoL View Post
Ah, OK, thanks. But according to what I read you were working for ereader-store.de and not Onyx Boox?
I am working for ereader-store.de. That is correct.
Why should I work for onyx-boox? Onyx-boox.com is just a domain /website, that belongs to a Polish company (Arta Tech) now (and was former owned by a Dutch company).

I guess you mean Onyx International - the manufacturer of Onyx Boox? We are official agent and R&D partner of of Onyx International in EU.

The issue with annotations in EPUB was just fixed.

Please download and install the last update 20120607.

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-07-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
SmoothGoL

Yes, I meant Onyx International. I was just a little bit confused that a employee of an online store was talking about a "dev-team".

And I just realized that ePubs are also viewed with the PDF Reader. I was actually expecting it to take a while. Thanks for your hard work!

I will be testing the new firmware once I have acquired an SD Card.

Greetings SmoothGoL

Last edited by SmoothGoL; 06-08-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Advert
Old 06-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
The Chef
Enthusiast
The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox i86 Plus (formerly M92)
Great!! So we can annotate both PDF and epubs now with latest firmware? (I was a little worried after reading the title at the top).

Do you know which of the other supported formats (dvju etc.) are able to have annotations, or is it just those two?

Also I read somewhere on this forum (perhaps too quickly) that you can't export annotations in M92

Cheers for any help/advice
The Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
Also I read somewhere on this forum (perhaps too quickly) that you can't export annotations in M92
I don't have experience with epubs, but pdf annotations can be exported into a new pdf file (or 'annotation' style comments into a textfile)

Cheers.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
The Chef
Enthusiast
The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
I don't have experience with epubs, but pdf annotations can be exported into a new pdf file (or 'annotation' style comments into a textfile)

Cheers.
Thanks for the reply.
Could you or someone else try epub for me, if you have a spare moment?
Maybe download a free epub like http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/12229
Then see if you can annotate it, and if it saves into a separate file the same way etc.

Much appreciated ^^
Old 06-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #9
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
Thanks for the reply.
Could you or someone else try epub for me, if you have a spare moment?
Maybe download a free epub like http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/12229
Then see if you can annotate it, and if it saves into a separate file the same way etc.

Much appreciated ^^
Unfortunately, my M92's currently broken, sorry :-|
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:56 AM   #10
The Chef
Enthusiast

No problem. Thanks for the reply anyway
Old 09-21-2012, 06:13 AM   #11
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice13 View Post
Hi Booxtor,
It looks then that Onyx has more then one OFFICIAL AGENT and R&D Partner in EU: http://www.onyx-boox.com, http://www.easereader.nl/, www.e-readerweb.nl and others.

Just a simple question - what do you do for R&D at Onyx?
Is your firmware full of extra features? Onyx Boox e-readers from onyx-boox.com / ArtaTech are equipped with greatest text to speach IVONA, are they able to synchronise with the cloud - GOOGLE DRIVE (works today for i62 already, within a week time firmware for M92 with such feature will be released) and soon will have an ebook shop application where you will be able to purchase content with one click. Do you make any of those? Do you employ developers for Onyx firmware?
Was the the interface for IMX508 (M92 and i62) design done basing on your project?
Is making users testing new firmware instead of testing it yourself what you call R&D? I may be misjudging you so we will all be impatiently waiting for your answer.
Do you probably lead a after sales service and repair center for Onyx International in EU? Surely onyx-boox.com / ArtaTech does. Also for the devices you sell.
Are you sure then you are R&D partner (internet store with Boox and Pocketbook) and onyx-boox.com ArtaTech is just is just a domain /website?
Please describe what R&D you make for Onyx, we are all curious

Hi,

please look for another place for trolling.

I am pretty sure you are working for Arta Tech and trying through your "helpful" postings just make people here attentive to your shop.

Official agents are listed on http://www.onyx-international.com/en/agents.html.

Yes we do employ developers for Onyx firmware and we are still independent of Onyx, though. Remember, it was me, who has opened the community eyes for the malfunctions of M90 and introduced the new improved M92.

Currently that rather obsolete interface of M92 and i62HD will be redesigned (step-by-step).

Surely we do lead an after sales service and repair centre for Onyx devices.
(eventually we have customers worldwide). Arta Tech for sure does not service for devices, sold in our store.

If your developed features are so nice, why don’t you offer it to the whole community like we do? TTS is nice tool but not as important as you think. Arta Tech offers Ivona - we are developing a free solution with Acapela. Cloud storage is innovative (as long as it works properly) and we will offer this feature soon too.

Shopping with Ereader is merely a content provider tool (to earn more profit). I would not go that way.

What we currently focused on is to improve the tools for reading, zooming and annotating (accordingly to the wishes of users here). I think it is the most expected functionality of professional ereaders.

Also with your three postings in MR (all of them about your company of course you don’t seem to care about supporting of Onyx users here but about advertising
Old 09-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #12
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Hi, the both.

From the point of user, I prefer the support of Booxtor. I didn't buy my M92 in his e-shop, but I get support from him. Several bugs were fixed on my request, new features introduced and so on.

Booxtor, of course wants to make a profit, but he provides perfect service to any Onyx user who is allowed to install the free firmware, not only to his customers.

Does ArtaTech use interface localisation for Czech language? If yes, it might be my work. Booxtor promissed to give me a small discount on next purchase, for my work, so in a way he might pay for the work done one day in future. If you use this localization, you use piece of work finaced by Booxtor.

And there is many others who for free helped with translating the interface to their languages. All this is organized by Booxtor.

Others develop free applications for M92 or port the free ones to M92.

What does ArtaTech for a "common good" of all Onyx users? You might do a lot, but it is not "advertised"... What of your work is available in a free firmware?

Last edited by Mono; 09-21-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #13
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Well, it is possible to buy M92 in Czech Rep..
http://ctecky-elektronickych-knih.he...onyx-boox-m92/

But it seems, that it is some kind of ArtaTech reseller... The booklet is said to be in Polish.

I bought mine last year in a Dutch e-shop www.ebookreaderdiscounter.com. It was quite expensive, but I wanted it right then (it was a Christmas present), and did not want to wait...

I understand that ArtaTech has to protect licenced SW like TTS, but I personaly prefer "open solution". I use M92 for reading and do not need TTS, but for blind people or small kids or for learning a foreign language it might be of great value...

Regarding the cover. The standard one is not the leather one, but it works just fine. My M92 fell 2 meters (switched off and in closed cover), last week, and no harm! I cannot imagine using e-book reader without a cover.

It is clear that M92 is nice piece of hardware, quite well designed and manufactured.

Its weak point is the firmware and mainly the interface. I and probably most of users would prefer improvements in the workflow of working with documents (faster acces to tools, etc., multitasking and as less bugs as possible). TTS, cloud, ... are of less importance to my opinion.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote