Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 04:27 AM   #826
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin101 View Post
Is it really because on Onyx site there is different firmware for different version. That would explain why there is no "metadata on/off" switch on my white m92
They only publish slightly older versions (allegedly due to extensive testing). But the same bugs are reported in the Polish and this forum (for instance the password typing bug or the pdf-opening bugs in m92) so it seems it is the same buggy cr*p.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #827
eugvor
eugvor began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92 Black Perl Edition
pen

Hi guys, I have M92 Black firmware 1.7 20120725 and I'm experiencing the troubles with the pen functionality on PDF files. I draw remarks with the pen and after a while this function stops working for around 6-8 seconds. So I draw something and then Ops..., nothing appearing then I have to wait for 6-8 seconds, until I can continue to draw, or I may press navigation buttons to trigger refresh of the screen then it works again.
Does anyone has the same?
And where to report the bugs for Onyx, so that the Onyx can fix the issue?
Thanks.
eugvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #828
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugvor View Post
Hi guys, I have M92 Black firmware 1.7 20120725 and I'm experiencing the troubles with the pen functionality on PDF files. I draw remarks with the pen and after a while this function stops working for around 6-8 seconds. So I draw something and then Ops..., nothing appearing then I have to wait for 6-8 seconds, until I can continue to draw, or I may press navigation buttons to trigger refresh of the screen then it works again.
Does anyone has the same?
And where to report the bugs for Onyx, so that the Onyx can fix the issue?
Thanks.
You don't have to wait 6-8 secs, just move the pen away from the screen (say 20 cm.). This bug has been reported more than 6 months ago and is for me the greatest shortcoming the device has. Try contacting booxtor if you want to know whether this issue is going to be addressed soon.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #829
eugvor
eugvor began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92 Black Perl Edition
Thanks por, for the quick reply, I have not manage to find the previous related posts before. I will try to follow your advise and see if it works. And I've reported the bug to onyx-boox.com they have a ticket system for the issues, let's see if they will reply soon to my questions
eugvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #830
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugvor View Post
Thanks por, for the quick reply, I have not manage to find the previous related posts before. I will try to follow your advise and see if it works. And I've reported the bug to onyx-boox.com they have a ticket system for the issues, let's see if they will reply soon to my questions
Yes, I assume Booxtor has a certain measure of influence over the firmware development process of Onyx since he buys a lot of units from them for his shop.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #831
GerryT
GerryT began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Dear Maurice13, thank you very much for the information.

I got the update to 2009-09-27 today from the onyx-book.com website. The problem with the file names vs. metadata title is solved. Works perfectly! Thanks.

I have a question regarding another new option which is called "Metadata Extraction". It gives me the choice for "Extract metadata of EPUB/PDF files while changes to storage" -> yes / no.
What does this new feature actually do?

Thanks for the clarification. Best, Gerry
GerryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #832
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
The option (ON) loads the metadata before opening a directory. It could be a problem : a long time to wait when you have many books in the directory.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #833
GerryT
GerryT began at the beginning.

Thank you Randy11. Then I leave the option "Metadata Extraction" off. I am happier with the file names and don't need metadata displayed anywhere.
GerryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #834
HerrB
HerrB began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
I still have Booxtor's firmware 1.7 (1.7.20120726) on my M92. Is there an update for this on the horizon? Is there a list of changes we can expect?

Cheers,
Joerg
HerrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #835
HerrB
HerrB began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrB View Post
I still have Booxtor's firmware 1.7 (1.7.20120726) on my M92. Is there an update for this on the horizon? Is there a list of changes we can expect?
Sorry, please disregard. Found Booxtor's posting here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=82
HerrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #836
tugler
tugler began at the beginning.

Device: M92
@Booxtor
Any news about the Android firmware? I really want to try it

Well, is it possible to send me the new version of "standard" firmware with multifunctional status bar?

May you PM me.

Greetings, tugler
tugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:56 AM   #837
Acryde
Acryde began at the beginning.

Hey,
there is also this more recent post from Booxtor:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=777

and this one on another thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...84&postcount=2

and also this one!:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=85

I'm looking forward to trying the next update!

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrB View Post
Sorry, please disregard. Found Booxtor's posting here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=82

Last edited by Acryde; 10-09-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Acryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #838
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
OnyMail

Here's my little tweaked version of e-mail app from PocketBook source :

Basically it uses mpop and ripmime to extract attachments from e-mail messages ( similiar to SendToKindle ).

Installation :
- Download OnyMail.zip
- Unzip OnyMail.zip and copy OnyMail directory to M92 internal memory
- Run "installer.oar"

Configuration:
- Set up new account on gmail.com
- Insert your login (without "@gmail.com") and password to "onymail_config" file
- Run "update_settings.oar"

Usage:
- Set up network connection (via web browser/rss reader/etc.)
- Run "OnyMail" from "Applications" menu

Uninstallation:
- Run "uninstaller.oar"

Enjoy
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:22 AM   #839
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Thanks for the program! Everything works.
A couple of questions:
- Is it possible to configure other email sites?
- What is the limit of the program (file size)?
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #840
GHarris
GHarris began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox m92
I wanted to post here to say thank you. I bought the Onyx Boox m92 a few months ago because it seemed, on balance, to be the best large-screen ereader available and because it appeared to be receiving active support and improvement. Supporting your product with software upgrades and patches generates goodwill and sales, it's a win-win. Future purchases and recommendations of Onyx devices by me, and my friends and family, will be based on the continuation of this behaviour. The m92 isn't perfect but it's pretty good in my opinion.

I'd also like to say a particularly big thank you to peterx for his work on getting an offline copy of wikipedia working on the m92. I have found it very useful indeed and think it's somewhat of a "killer app" for ebook readers, in spite of being a bit hacked together .
GHarris is offline   Reply With Quote