Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 04:58 AM   #1
Ceahorse
Ceahorse began at the beginning.

Device: Asus EEEPad Transformer
PDF to ? with Calibre for Android Tablet

I have a large collection of PDF ebooks. I have beening trying to get them to work in an ebook reader because they are easier to use. Don't have to adjust every page you turn etc.. however, I spent several hours testing various formats with various readers. .mobi to kindle for android as an example. I like the idea i can use the calibre to cut out the headers in the pdfs. I have had success with some files and the reader crashes with others. It has been quite hit and miss. Or, in the kindle software case, It doesn't even register as a book although i used the same steps to convert it and placed it in the same folder on the tablet as the ones that are working.

I was wondering if anyone has been doing the same and has found a suitable combo.

PS. i am using the Asus EEEpad transformer.

CEaz.
Thanks in advance.
Ceahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I use to edit my PDF back when i use to read on my Sony prs and kindle2. However with the nook i don't alter my PDFs any more because the reflow/ pan zoom is so good. In the Asus, I would imagine the experience is even better. Is that not the case?

Ad to answering you question, look for an application on this sur called BRISS it's a Java based app that does a great job cropping margins.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Have you tried some of the Android PDF apps? I like EzPDF and I don't have to fiddle with converting the files.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:29 AM   #4
Ceahorse

The issue i have with PDFs is that when I zoom in to get a bigger font it doesn't automatically soft enter the words that exit the zoom window, forcing you to have to horizontally scroll to complete each sentence. However, this EZPdf, i have never tried. Perhaps it combats this problem.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:31 AM   #5
Ceahorse

To "X is between all things equal" I'm not sure exactly what you mean, the asus does pan fast but i don't want pan while im reading. not sure what reflow is.
Advert
Old 05-20-2011, 06:35 AM   #6
Ceahorse

OOOoo the reflow is what i be looking for!!