Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 04-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
tbgo
tbgo began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Thumbs down Nook's PDF Reader Has Changed, Images Now Blurry

I don't know what I did, but somehow my PDF reader is totally different than how it had been before.

I read CBRs by converting them to PDF for my Nook Color. I never had any trouble reading them. They were always clear. Now, something has changed, and the comics I used to read on there, and even the new ones I add now, have become blurred when I zoom in, even just a tiny bit. The books I would read that I had no problem looking at before are still on the device. So it's not as if I'm converting them incorrectly now. I've even tried converting some to an EPUB file, and it's the same issue.

I didn't suddenly update my Nook with new software, so I don't know how the change occurred. It just did. It's look is even different. The one thing I do remember happening, is that it prompted me with a question to choose how I viewed PDFs, which type of reader. This was a couple of weeks ago. I thought I chose the accurate one. The only option was some sort of reader that didn't fit what I wanted it to do. Does anyone know anything about this, and if there's a way to fix this problem? I'm totally lost.

I tried signing up for B&N's Nook community, but it won't let me register. B&N is really getting on my nerves anymore.

TIA!
tbgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgo View Post
I don't know what I did, but somehow my PDF reader is totally different than how it had been before.

I read CBRs by converting them to PDF for my Nook Color. I never had any trouble reading them. They were always clear. Now, something has changed, and the comics I used to read on there, and even the new ones I add now, have become blurred when I zoom in, even just a tiny bit. The books I would read that I had no problem looking at before are still on the device. So it's not as if I'm converting them incorrectly now. I've even tried converting some to an EPUB file, and it's the same issue.

I didn't suddenly update my Nook with new software, so I don't know how the change occurred. It just did. It's look is even different. The one thing I do remember happening, is that it prompted me with a question to choose how I viewed PDFs, which type of reader. This was a couple of weeks ago. I thought I chose the accurate one. The only option was some sort of reader that didn't fit what I wanted it to do. Does anyone know anything about this, and if there's a way to fix this problem? I'm totally lost.

I tried signing up for B&N's Nook community, but it won't let me register. B&N is really getting on my nerves anymore.

TIA!
Welcome to the forum. Do you remember what were the options you were presented to read PDFs?

I don't use the stock software for PDFs, I'm rooted and use ezPDF or Mantano, but maybe you chose the wrong option if there are 2 readers that can handle PDF. See if by going to the Settings you can reset the default reader for PDF so you get prompted again which to use.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Press on a PDF file until the menu appears. Than choose "clear launcher" to clear the default PDF reader setting.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
tbgo
tbgo began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
Press on a PDF file until the menu appears. Than choose "clear launcher" to clear the default PDF reader setting.
YOU are a [offensive word deleted - MODERATOR] GENIUS!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

... and thanks for the welcome!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-11-2012 at 07:16 AM.
tbgo is offline   Reply With Quote