Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-04-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
rsbuckland
rsbuckland began at the beginning.

Question Harry Potter question

Hi,
I'm new to ebooks and I'm wondering if there are popular fiction books available in the ebook format. I am looking for books like Harry Potter, the Abhorsen series, and other popular fiction books like that. It would be really helpful if someone could give me information to find those.
rsbuckland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:07 AM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbuckland
Hi,
I'm new to ebooks and I'm wondering if there are popular fiction books available in the ebook format. I am looking for books like Harry Potter, the Abhorsen series, and other popular fiction books like that. It would be really helpful if someone could give me information to find those.
They don't exist (legally).

But places like Fictionwise do have many good sci-fi stories for sale.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
Jack B Nimble
Groupie
Jack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enough

Device: Tapwave Zodiac, eBookwise 1150
Quote:
Hi,
Well, since you are looking for books "popular fiction ... like Harry Potter," I suppose the answer is yes, technically. Harry Potter is not available as an ebook, except for illegal scan versions. LOTS of popular fiction is available legally. Some of the usual suspects for good selection, depending on the software you use or want to use, would include:
  • Fictionwise.com
  • Mobipocket.com
  • eReader.com

Good luck with the hunt...

Jack
Jack B Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
It would be really helpful if someone could give me information to find those.
Well, I am afraid you will not find such information here.
This site / discussion forum holds a strong "we do not condone piracy here" view.

I am afraid for Hary Potter books you will have to go to the darker corners of the net.

Use google.
Search p2p networks

Or, much more preferably, visit craphound site, or baen.com, or MANY other sites and discover hundreds of books written by authors that DO publish their works in electronic form.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:07 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The Abhorsen series is available from fictionwise.com, among other e-book sites, in Secure Mobipocket, Microsoft Reader, Adobe Reader 7, or Palm Reader formats.

Baen Books is the best single source for sci-fi e-books for any e-reader (no DRM), but it still mostly includes Baen authors - although others are coming round. The first of a series is often in the Baen Free Library.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2007, 09:10 PM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Another good source for free Baen books are Baen CDs.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote