Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
dtk
dtk began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Is it possible to increase step of font size growth while zooming for the prs-505?

I try to read documents that contain pseudographics with prs-505. I wanna be able to see the whole page at the 'S' zoom level and get comfortable font size at 'L' or 'M' zoom levels without having to switch to landscape. I found that I get the best quality/performance in *.rtf format. But in order to get one-to-one page view on the reader's screen I have to set font size to 8. Zooming gradually increases font size, but that's not enough. So the question is: "Is it possible to increase step of font size growth while zooming without having to switch to landscape for the prs-505?".
Thanks for your attention.
dtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, it's fixed. "S" to "L" is a factor of two size increase, and I'm afraid this can't be changed.

For RTF docs, I find personally that setting the font size to about 14pt gives me a file that I can read comfortably at "S" size on the PRS-505.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
dtk
dtk began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Thank you for your reply. Sony developers should have worked better... It takes prs-505 long to exit landscape mode in 'L' to portarait in 'S'. I wonder if they tried to use the reader in real life before they pushed it to the market?! )) Maybe I should switch to preformatted media to get better experience...
dtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
The only motivation I have to upgrade from my 505 to the 600 is the ability to get five font sizes instead of only three. Is there any hope Sony will increase the number of font sizes on the 505 with a firmware update?
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote