Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-11-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Free new anti-Sarah Palin Kindle book through Amazon.

Credit goes to the Kindle Korner usergroup.

http://www.amazon.com/Thanks-But-adv...M8/ref=ed_oe_o
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Looking forward to reading this ... although, my vote is already set in stone.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2008, 12:04 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
No hate books for me, even free ones
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:47 AM   #4
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
No hate books for me, even free ones
Agreed. Propaganda from both sides is plentiful and free, but I don't need any more.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:47 AM   #5
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
Angry

Please don't foul up this forum with politics
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2008, 06:58 AM   #6
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzeltjes View Post
Please don't foul up this forum with politics
Don't know if you're talking to me or not. If you are, I thought avid book readers were against censorship of any kind. If you want to read it, there it is. If you don't, there was enough information on the thread title to skip the thread altogether. Kindle Korner didn't even specify it was anti-Palin, I added that myself.

Also, there's already one Palin book ("Sarah") that skips the bad and only gives the good, so if this book (I haven't actually read it but from the subtitle and Amazon comments it's con) skips the good and deals only with the bad, then read both and get a complete picture

For the record, I own both, along with Biden's, Obama's (both), and McCain's (two of them).

Last edited by GatorDeb; 10-12-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Don't know if you're talking to me or not. If you are, I thought avid book readers were against censorship of any kind. If you want to read it, there it is. If you don't, there was enough information on the thread title to skip the thread altogether. Kindle Korner didn't even specify it was anti-Palin, I added that myself.
GatorDeb, for what it's worth, that's precisely what I understood you to be doing - specifically noting the content in the thread title to ensure that it took the attention of only those who might be interested. There's no point in saying "Free Sarah Palin Kindle book" (without the "anti-") and annoying the crap out of those who might be attracted thinking it was simple bio. So, personally, I think your chosen subject was wise and fair and constructive, and the perfect way to point out a "freebie" that might be contentious.

Of course, once a thread is started, control over the trail it wanders is out of your hands.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:35 AM   #8
GatorDeb
Evangelist

I can definitely people see getting annoyed at "Free Sarah Palin book!" and then it's all against Palin, so I always like to specify stuff like that, especially when it comes to politics. Then people can make the choice whether to enter the thread or not
Old 10-12-2008, 09:50 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Surely a worthwhile biography shouldn't be either "pro" or "anti" someone. Shouldn't it simply tell the story of the person's life in an unbiased manner and leave it to the reader to form their own opinion of the person?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:12 AM   #10
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Surely a worthwhile biography shouldn't be either "pro" or "anti" someone. Shouldn't it simply tell the story of the person's life in an unbiased manner and leave it to the reader to form their own opinion of the person?
I believe in an election season it's party treason to admit anyone on the other side has any good points whatsoever.

That said, McCain: The Myth of a Maverick (Kindle, Adobe DE) is a good read and a reasonably balanced look at McCain's politics.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:17 AM   #11
GatorDeb
Evangelist

Quote:
Nobody said it was worthwhile The other Sarah Palin book is pro-biased. It's almost a love letter to Palin
Old 10-12-2008, 10:17 AM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Very reasonably so, but I am not sure that this book would be considered "biography", despite the placement in that Amazon category. As described at the above link, under "Harvard Perspectives Press' latest blog post", it is "the first book-length critical assessment of Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin" (emphasis mine). As such, it is possible to construct an argument into book-form that is critical (in the word's negative inference) of a person (that is, it argues a position and makes a judgement about a person from aspects and events and actions and words in a person's life) without it constituting a wholesale "biography".

Should you have been triggered by my phrase "simple bio", note that I selected this phrase precisely to contrast against what this actually appears to be (that is, what the above quote is far closer to describing). I would anticipate that most people could indentify, with minor investigation, whether some text is critical polemic or whether it is simple, unadulterated (by opinion), biographical factualism. To aid matters, GatorDeb has done this for us in this thread's title.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #13
GatorDeb
Evangelist

Not free anymore. Wow that was fast! I gotta say, that's the ugliest Palin image I've ever seen and it bears little resemblance to her.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #14
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
My comment wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, and as for censorship..
that's
I have been wrong about the intention of the post
and reacted too fast.
The problem is that here in Holland we are getting bombarded with
the elections and all the show around it,interesting but boring when
you don't live there.
So my general annoyance got the better of me.
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #15
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzeltjes View Post
My comment wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, and as for censorship..
that's
I have been wrong about the intention of the post
and reacted too fast.
The problem is that here in Holland we are getting bombarded with
the elections and all the show around it,interesting but boring when
you don't live there.
So my general annoyance got the better of me.
It's getting sort of boring here, too.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote