Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Increase font size in BBeB (lrf) files?

Is it possible to increase the font sizes in BBeB (lrf) e-book files? I tried with Calibre, but it said there was no source format found. (I was converting lrf to lrf, changing the base font size and it didn't like it.) I searched a bit and didn't find anything here so I thought I'd ask....
Anyone?
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:11 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Probably not the answer you are looking for but you could ABC Amber Sony Converter to convert your LRF file into HTML then load the HTML file into Calibre and then increase the text size. The program is free so it can not hurt to try it out.

http://www.processtext.com/abcsonylrf.html
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2008, 09:11 AM   #3
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Is it possible to increase the font sizes in BBeB (lrf) e-book files? I tried with Calibre, but it said there was no source format found. (I was converting lrf to lrf, changing the base font size and it didn't like it.) I searched a bit and didn't find anything here so I thought I'd ask....
Anyone?
I haven't tried it, but =X= has a lrf2lrf command-line tool for doing exactly such things. Or you can always manually do what his tool tries to do automatically -- use calibre's lrf2lrs, edit the resulting LRS, then use lrs2lrf to turn it back into an LRF file.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have used the ABC Amber Sony Converter to good results. It will provide the text in your choice of formats. Graphics are not converted and the attributes of the type are not preserved (i.e.: italic, bold.) These are easily added to the resultant file. I generally use BookDesigner for creating LRF books and like calibre you can set the base font size to anything you want.

I first started to convert some of the MobileRead download books when Dr Dribb posted a few I wanted to read but his base font was far too small for me to read easily -- even at the "L" setting on my Reader. Almost any of the tool combinations will work. The key is increasing the base font size in the new file.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
I have used the ABC Amber Sony Converter to good results. It will provide the text in your choice of formats. Graphics are not converted and the attributes of the type are not preserved (i.e.: italic, bold.) These are easily added to the resultant file. I generally use BookDesigner for creating LRF books and like calibre you can set the base font size to anything you want.
ABC Amber Sony Converter will never ever give good results. The author has also abandoned it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #6
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I have also used ABC Amber Sony Converter with good results. Sometimes it may take a little work to get it just right, but if you get what you want in the end, it is worth it.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote