Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 12-21-2002, 11:16 AM   #1
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I think this might be the sound of a huge can opening.

I'm sure our humble leader Alexander has seen this, but slow-witted me just found a site that I thought was very cool:

All the Web has a mobile search engine set up. I set it to search 'avantgo' in english in the pda index and came up with over 70k hits. I don't know how many of these are designed for ppc, but it surely says "it's out there".

Old 12-21-2002, 02:30 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
SunShine,

This is wonderful! Now, any volunteers to go through the link results in AllTheWeb and post all the nice ones here? I will have a look too, but I surely need some help
Advert
Old 12-21-2002, 04:55 PM   #3
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Wow. I thought for sure that you had seen this!

I spent a few quality minutes looking at it this afternoon, and several pages came up in multiples, but you can minus (-) them out of the search parameters easily. When I got bored with it my search looked like this:

avantgo -socialdomain -jeopardy -livedaily -4thegame -spaceref -sports.com -itn

That brought it down to about 45k sites...still not too shabby.

I'll try and throw stuff at it over the next couple of days... and suggest others do the same. If nothing else, it is a good reference if someone knows there's a site interest they have.
Old 12-21-2002, 07:38 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Wow. I thought for sure that you had seen this!
Nope. This one was totally new to me!

I hope that *everybody* will try to use the search engine and then add some useful channels to this forum. With your input and enough new sites, WCC V1.06 will be out VERY soon