Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-06-2015, 07:43 AM   #766
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Just passing - too snowed with day job still. But I knew the prompts were annoying people (and me)...
Indeed. Thanks for the change!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:31 PM   #767
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Thanks for the plugin! This is just what I was looking for!

Is there a way to make the numbers in the custom columns appear in center instead of aligned left?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2015, 03:44 PM   #768
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Thanks for the plugin! This is just what I was looking for!

Is there a way to make the numbers in the custom columns appear in center instead of aligned left?
Format the column by right clicking the header: Change Text Alignment
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:49 AM   #769
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Format the column by right clicking the header: Change Text Alignment
Thanks, I never noticed that!
Old 08-11-2015, 03:32 AM   #770
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

I just did some page counts (paragraph algorithm) and readability calculations (Flesch Reading Ease). The plugin is awfully slow and it gets slower the more books I add. On one large book (19 MB) it froze and gave this error message when I aborted the process via task manager:

calibre, version 2.34.0 (win32, isfrozen: True)
Failed to count statistics: Failed: Count Page/Word Statistics

Count Page/Word Statistics
-------------------------------
Logfile for book ID 1882 (Complete Works)
Python function terminated unexpectedly
argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 193, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 133, in arbitrary_n
File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.jobs", line 81, in do_count_statistics
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

My computer is an i5-4690 with 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Calibre 2.34 and the newest version of the plugin installed. My Calibre library is on the SSD where the system is also installed. My books are in EPUB format, mostly with AZW3 for the same book, or PDF.

Here are some examples:
1 book: 3 to 8 seconds
3 books: 12 to 45 seconds

When I try 5 or more books the job is running but hasn't really started after 45 sec as there is no info in the job details.

Yesterday, after I installed the plugin, I managed to do about 130 page counts in several batches but it got slower and slower and wouldn't do anything after a while.

Edit: I disabled Readability and it seems to work much faster now.

Last edited by LucyOne; 08-11-2015 at 03:54 AM.
Advert
Old 08-11-2015, 04:03 AM   #771
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@LucyOne - I'm not sure how it decides which format to use. I only count words, and I usually have DOCX and EPUB formats. As far as I can tell the PI always counts the DOCX - even though EPUB was saved later than the DOCX, and EPUB is my Preferred Output format.

I just copied a 40K word book which had a DOCX and EPUB to a different book with just the EPUB format. I ran count pages with calibre in debug mode on both books. The first job counted the DOCX and took 7 secs, the second job counted the EPUB and took 2 secs.

It would be useful if the PI had a setting where the user could explicitly specify the preferred format to use for the counts - in my case it would always be EPUB.

Oh, my rig is similar to yours, although I only have 6GB RAM and I run Win 10.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-11-2015 at 04:06 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:11 AM   #772
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Edit: I disabled Readability and it seems to work much faster now.
@LucyOne - The Readabilty options involve text analysis - syllable counts, sentence lengths etc. Hence they slow things down.

BR
Old 08-11-2015, 10:34 AM   #773
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@LucyOne - I'm not sure how it decides which format to use. I only count words, and I usually have DOCX and EPUB formats. As far as I can tell the PI always counts the DOCX - even though EPUB was saved later than the DOCX, and EPUB is my Preferred Output format.

I just copied a 40K word book which had a DOCX and EPUB to a different book with just the EPUB format. I ran count pages with calibre in debug mode on both books. The first job counted the DOCX and took 7 secs, the second job counted the EPUB and took 2 secs.

It would be useful if the PI had a setting where the user could explicitly specify the preferred format to use for the counts - in my case it would always be EPUB.

Oh, my rig is similar to yours, although I only have 6GB RAM and I run Win 10.

BR
From the manual:
Code:
The first approach is estimation based on the book content, provided you have an ePub format or a format that is convertible to ePub. The format used if your book has multiple is chosen based on your Preferred Input Format order, that you set in Preferences -> Behavior.
Note It seems if you select the Adobe count, you must have EPUB to begin with. No silent convert.

@LucyOne

Aborting can give strange error messages; You did interrupt it in the middle of something (since it did not bomb on its own).
Complete Works are usually insanely complex. I know that I could not carry the (hardback) books (in a set) of many authors, all at the same time
Maybe the computer was making 2 trips
Old 08-11-2015, 11:15 AM   #774
sstdiana
sstdiana began at the beginning.

Goodreads count plugin changed?

Love the plugin!! I was happy with the general page count and liked knowing the bigger from the smaller reads. All of a sudden (last month or so) when I use the Goodreads count, it seems to be the same count as the estimate and low enough that I know it is inaccurate. A book is approx 300 pages and the count comes out as 90 for both GR and estimate. Book is synced with GR. I have looked over threads and haven't found any suggestions that have helped. Only thing I haven't tried is uninstall plugin and then reinstall. My libraries are pretty large and I didn't want to mess it up too much before I found the help. Suggestions please.
sstdiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:39 AM   #775
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstdiana View Post
Love the plugin!! I was happy with the general page count and liked knowing the bigger from the smaller reads. All of a sudden (last month or so) when I use the Goodreads count, it seems to be the same count as the estimate and low enough that I know it is inaccurate. A book is approx 300 pages and the count comes out as 90 for both GR and estimate. Book is synced with GR. I have looked over threads and haven't found any suggestions that have helped. Only thing I haven't tried is uninstall plugin and then reinstall. My libraries are pretty large and I didn't want to mess it up too much before I found the help. Suggestions please.
What doe Goodreads WEBSITE list?
IIRC The PI scrapes the website using other Goodreads metadata PI
This is a Lookup, not a calculation
Old 08-11-2015, 08:21 PM   #776
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
. . .I only count words, and I usually have DOCX and EPUB. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
From the manual:
Quote:
The first approach is estimation based on the book content, provided you have an ePub format or a format that is convertible to ePub. The format used if your book has multiple is chosen based on your Preferred Input Format order, that you set in Preferences -> Behavior.
The Preferred input order effects other things; in particular Conversion. If I put EPUB before DOCX I get EPUB as the default Input format - 99.9% of my 10-20 conversions a day are DOCX to EPUB.

So, I prefer to put up with the slow performance of CP caused by its in-flight conversion of DOCX to EPUB.

A single value setting in this PI would suffice - Use this format if present : XXXX - can be blank, default would be blank, if blank or absent then use Preferred Input format list.

I would of course set it to EPUB.

I prefer to have explicit settings wherever possible. If one overloads a setting with different purposes then its almost inevitable that side effects will reach out and grab someone by the whatevers

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-11-2015 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:08 PM   #777
sstdiana
sstdiana began at the beginning.

I might be wrong in thinking of what GR plugin puts out. I thought most page numbers are listed on GR and that is what I was getting. Either way my question is that GR plugin was performing just fine with fairly good page count to what was on GR and then all of a sudden my plugin started given me what an estimated page count gives. After trying other suggestions made on this thread, I still can't get the GR plugin to give me page counts like it was before. Page on GR says 300 and originally GR page count was 265 to 300. No big deal on a few pages. Now it gives me 90 instead of the closer page count. Any help?
sstdiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:26 AM   #778
dalagiorgos
dalagiorgos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Can't send Goodreads page number to Kindle Paperwhite

Greetings all,

I want to send the Goodreads page number to my kindle for every book I send to it. As far as I can tell I've configured everything as I should. However, there's always a discrepancy. For example, a book which in Goodreads is 304 pages long, in my Kindle it reads as 351 pages.

Can you help me find what am I doing wrong?

EDIT

Here are screenshots of my current settings:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Count_Pages.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	141069

Name:	Kindle_Plugin.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	141070

Last edited by dalagiorgos; 08-15-2015 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Included screenshots of current settings
dalagiorgos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:35 AM   #779
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
You have to set Calibre's Kindle driver/plugin to use custom column value for page numbers.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 04:56 PM   #780
dalagiorgos
dalagiorgos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
You have to set Calibre's Kindle driver/plugin to use custom column value for page numbers.
I've included screenshots of my current settings to my previous post. Here they are again:

Name:	Count_Pages.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	141071

Name:	Kindle_Plugin.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	141072
dalagiorgos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags