Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #16
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'm not sure I understand the reluctance of people to register the device.
I bought a refurbed Nook ST that I didn't register to use as a loaner. But this won't work on the Glo because of the difference in the way they handle DRM.

So, I guess I'll go ahead and register it since I don't have any important reasons not to. I'll adopt @Mrs_Often philosophy and side load everything.

Again - thanks to all !
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I bought a refurbed Nook ST that I didn't register to use as a loaner. But this won't work on the Glo because of the difference in the way they handle DRM.

So, I guess I'll go ahead and register it since I don't have any important reasons not to. I'll adopt @Mrs_Often philosophy and side load everything.

Again - thanks to all !
When I registered my Kobos, I used an email address created for that purpose. So far I haven't seen any evidence that the address has been shared with others. I do modify the Google Analytics addresses to point to 127.0.0.1 but that's a personal choice.

See this thread for details on doing this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162713

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #18
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
in addition, presumably there can be no sync with the Kobo account, meaning no kepub books, but only epub, right?
And, more importantly, the database on the device that logs pretty much your every action on it isn't being sent through Google Analytics to be scraped for anything that can profile you for marketing purposes, so not registering helps protect your privacy, a very important thing.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:16 AM   #19
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You sure about that? Many products the act of opening the package accepts the agreements. I think people read way too much into ideas like this.
My package had no agreement.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:29 AM   #20
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post

Again - thanks to all !
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote