Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
Uluhara
Connoisseur
Uluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs-505
embedded fonts in ibooks?

I have no idea if I am in the right forum to ask this question ... If I am wrong, please move

Usually I use a sony e-reader, but now I found out my iPod touch can also display epub books - so I have been testing some of mine ...

one of those epubs has an embedded font, which shows fine on the sony, but is absent on the iPod touch ...

My question: do embedded fonts work on the iPod touch in ibooks? If not, no big deal - if yes, what do I have to do to make this work?

Greetings,

Uluhara
Uluhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

I have never tried embedding fonts for use with iBooks. However, there are several good ePub readers besides iBooks that are available for iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad). I think that at least one of them will work with embedded fonts.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Embedded fonts now work in iBooks. Liz Castro has a nice guide here:
http://www.pigsgourdsandwikis.com/20...phone-and.html
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:41 AM   #4
samuelarnold
samuelarnold began at the beginning.

Device: none
The video on your site shows "this format is not supported" and "this video cannot be played" on a 3GS iPhone.
samuelarnold is offline   Reply With Quote