Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Edit post!

Hey everyone,

a while ago I started a thread 'Covers for Fanfiction Lovers' (you can find it here) but it turned into something new - a thread about generic covers for your ebook collection. A thread to give and to take, to help and to learn. So it was time to divid the old thread and put all generic cover posts in this new one.

You want to know what this thread is about exactly? I tell you.

Here you can:

- Download high quality generic covers

- Upload high quality generic covers

- Learn how to make your own covers (every question is welcome!)

- Give your experience when you already know how to make your own covers (I would love some advise myself because I just learned how to do this)

- Share settings for the 'Generate Cover Plugin' for covers you find here or new ones (if you like export the zip-files and put them here but please mention the font you used, it helps a lot!)

- Help to modify and create new styles, new covers, new looks with the stuff you find here (we absolutely encourage you to do that)

- Even requests for specific covers are welcome

In one word: SHARE.

When everyone gives something back then the work is not so much for one alone. Even when you don't know how to do anything of this, then at least leave feedback!

Don't be shy, try it!

We all doing this just for fun and not for any profit.

MiniMouse

And while some links to generic covers will otherwise get lost in the old thread, here some links to other posts:

Generic Covers for Fanfic Sites & some links to unique fonts
Generic set of covers based on semi-transparent textures

And for all of you who loose the overview in this thread, here are the links to the important stuff:

For the first generic covers (leather), just look in this post down below

covers (linen)
covers (wrapping paper)
covers (leather)
cover (leather)
zip-file for the 'Generate Cover Plugin' for cover (leather)
covers (leather)
covers (leather & paper)
zip-file for the 'Generate Cover Plugin' for cover (leather), the example for the cover style you can see here, the font is explaint here
covers (leather & linen)
examples for cover styles
examples for cover styles
examples for cover styles (fanfiction)
covers (cardboard)
cover (sort of combination of paper & leaves)
covers (leather & linen)
ornament drawing by Sefiriot
ornament examples
cover (linen) - new style
example for cover style
example for cover style
covers (linen & leather) - new styles
example for cover style
cover (leather)
cover (leather)
GIMP tutorial (Part 1) by Katsunami
GIMP tutorial (Part 2) by Katsunami
GIMP tutorial (Part 3) by Katsunami
covers - modern (sort of combination of paper & leather)
covers - modern (leather) - 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' - style
covers - modern (leather)
covers - modern (leather)
covers (linen)
covers (linen)
example for cover style
images to put on covers
PIXLR tutorial - small one
textures
covers - with photo images on it (leather & linen)
illustration from Peake posted by BetterRed
example for cover style
cover (linen) with ornament
cover
example for cover style
PIXLR tutorial for making ornaments (Part 1)
PIXLR tutorial for making ornaments (Part 2)
PIXLR tutorial for making ornaments (Part 3)
example for cover style
example for cover style
templates (mixed-materials) & how to changes colors with PIXLR
templates (mixed-materials)
image to put on cover
templates (leather)
templates (linen)
covers (leather)
black & white book illustration
textures
texture
example for cover style and some links to fonts
texture
textures
texture
textures (small size but you can give the creator a PM for the big once)
textures
styalized book covers
styalized book covers
styalized book covers
Harper's Round Table & Harper's Young People cover
styalized fanfiction covers
more styalized fanfiction covers

I will update this regulary (and feel free to give me a note when I missed something).

End of Edit post!
__________________________________________________ ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayLee View Post
Do you have anymore generic covers I’m looking for ones that have that old leather bound book look like these.
Since these are no series covers, I'm putting them up here. Though you have to fill in the text for yourself, only the covers this time.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

MiniMouse

Note: These covers are not my own creation!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leather Cover 1 - Kopie.jpg
Views:	9201
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	111263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leather Cover 2 - Kopie.jpg
Views:	27931
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	111264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leather Cover 3 - Kopie.jpg
Views:	22266
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	111265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leather Cover 4 - Kopie.jpg
Views:	2760
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	111266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leather Cover 5 - Kopie.jpg
Views:	2751
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	111267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leather Cover 6 - Kopie.jpg
Views:	3023
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	111268   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leather Cover 7 - Kopie.jpg
Views:	2723
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	111269   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leather Cover 8 - Kopie.jpg
Views:	2774
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	111270   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leather Cover 9 - Kopie.jpg
Views:	3606
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	111271  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Leather Cover 1.zip (3.65 MB, 2846 views)
File Type: zip Leather Cover 2.zip (1.45 MB, 2995 views)
File Type: zip Leather Cover 3.zip (688.2 KB, 2766 views)
File Type: zip Leather Cover 4.zip (4.20 MB, 2634 views)
File Type: zip Leather Cover 5.zip (1.70 MB, 2585 views)
File Type: zip Leather Cover 6.zip (1.41 MB, 2796 views)
File Type: zip Leather Cover 7.zip (3.55 MB, 2618 views)
File Type: zip Leather Cover 8.zip (1.48 MB, 2703 views)
File Type: zip Leather Cover 9.zip (2.08 MB, 2590 views)

Last edited by MiniMouse; 01-09-2016 at 06:49 AM.
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
They will keep thing from getting boring
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Generic Covers

Hey everyone,

I can't help myself, I love to make covers. So I created some on my own. Again only the covers, text you have to fill in for yourself.

Hope you like them, please let me know (and wishes for generic covers I will take).

MiniMouse

Note: These covers are only partly my own creation!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Leinen Cover 1.jpg
Views:	3486
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	111281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leinen Cover 2.jpg
Views:	3964
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	111282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leinen Cover 3.jpg
Views:	3482
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	111283   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leinen Cover 4.jpg
Views:	3866
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	111284  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Leinen Cover 1.zip (1.25 MB, 3478 views)
File Type: zip Leinen Cover 2.zip (1.70 MB, 3065 views)
File Type: zip Leinen Cover 3.zip (1.66 MB, 3045 views)
File Type: zip Leinen Cover 4.zip (1.71 MB, 3107 views)

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-19-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
MiniMouse
Groupie

Modern Covers

...and I made some modern covers out of wrapping paper.

Enyone who has a use for them?

MiniMouse

Note: These covers are only partly my own creation!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Modern Cover 1.jpg
Views:	2637
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	111289   Click image for larger version

Name:	Modern Cover 2.jpg
Views:	2516
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	111290   Click image for larger version

Name:	Modern Cover 3.jpg
Views:	2571
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	111291   Click image for larger version

Name:	Modern Cover 4.jpg
Views:	2627
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	111292   Click image for larger version

Name:	Modern Cover 5.jpg
Views:	2588
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	111293   Click image for larger version

Name:	Modern Cover 6.jpg
Views:	2528
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	111294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Modern Cover 7.jpg
Views:	2630
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	111295   Click image for larger version

Name:	Modern Cover 8.jpg
Views:	2547
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	111296  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Modern Cover 1.zip (3.77 MB, 2410 views)
File Type: zip Modern Cover 2.zip (3.85 MB, 2513 views)
File Type: zip Modern Cover 3.zip (3.16 MB, 2336 views)
File Type: zip Modern Cover 4.zip (2.84 MB, 2400 views)
File Type: zip Modern Cover 5.zip (1.99 MB, 2624 views)
File Type: zip Modern Cover 6.zip (2.47 MB, 2273 views)
File Type: zip Modern Cover 7.zip (2.76 MB, 2284 views)
File Type: zip Modern Cover 8.zip (2.14 MB, 2257 views)

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-19-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
You have been a busy little mouse .
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Those look amazing. Grabbing now.
Sefiriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Thank you! I grabbed most of the generic covers.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
MiniMouse
Groupie

More Covers

I now found some sides with textures and ornaments (all totally free to use for any purpose), so I think I will experiment with them and see what will come out of it.

Meaning that probably you will get some more in time and they will all be my own creation.

MiniMouse

P.S. I also found some more book covers on free sides.

Note: These covers are not my own creation!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Leather Cover 10.jpg
Views:	9395
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	111305   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leather Cover 11.jpg
Views:	2856
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	111306   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leather Cover 12.jpg
Views:	3732
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	111307  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Leather Cover 10.zip (4.03 MB, 2863 views)
File Type: zip Leather Cover 11.zip (2.01 MB, 2739 views)
File Type: zip Leather Cover 12.zip (666.8 KB, 3058 views)

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-19-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
glos
Zealot
glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thanks! I've grabbed a few leather/modern ones
glos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
Thanks Mouse shall be grabbing some of these
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #11
MiniMouse
Groupie

Trying own leather covers now

Hey everyone,

I tried an own leather creation for a generic cover. These cover is composited from:
1. my own leather jacket
2. shining through is a picture of oily asphalt
3. some ornaments
4. the book frame of the red book I posted before

and obviously some filters.

What do you think?

MiniMouse
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Leather Cover.jpg
Views:	2479
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	111311  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Leather Cover.zip (7.64 MB, 2175 views)
Old 09-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #12
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
Hey everyone,

I tried an own leather creation for a generic cover. These cover is composited from:
1. my own leather jacket
2. shining through is a picture of oily asphalt
3. some ornaments
4. the book frame of the red book I posted before

and obviously some filters.

What do you think?

MiniMouse
I think it will look good on my ebook shelf!

Grabbing this one.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #13
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Thank you for the generic covers, they are lovely! Karma to you.

I upload rehabilitated public domain books to the library here on MobileRead, and sometimes the "original" cover is unusable. I would love to use some of your covers, and would of course give you credit. Let me know if you would prefer that I do not use your covers.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:59 AM   #14
MiniMouse
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyGrumpy View Post
Thank you for the generic covers, they are lovely! Karma to you.

I upload rehabilitated public domain books to the library here on MobileRead, and sometimes the "original" cover is unusable. I would love to use some of your covers, and would of course give you credit. Let me know if you would prefer that I do not use your covers.
Hallo grannyGrumpy,

don't give me credit for book covers I found online or the wrapping paper covers. True, I worked them over or added things sometimes but they are still not mine and I don't know how trustworthy some free public domain sides really are. The linen covers are mostly my own creation but the background isn't.

The cover here is my own creation with an own picture I took (and I used only minor other things from public domain sides to complete it). I would love to get credit for this (and the once that probably will follow).

When you let me know where you found other public domain books, I could try to work them over too. Maybe I get them useable.

MiniMouse
Old 09-13-2013, 04:36 AM   #15
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Ah, the Linen ones I really like!

I get text from Project Gutenberg (www.gutenberg.org/) which are in good shape, but no italics or diacritics for non-English languages, and their illustrations are sort of ok, but really compressed. I also get booksfrom the Internet Archive (www.archive.org) which has lots of scans of public domain and Creative Commons books, but the text is in terrible shape. Internet archive often has scans of first editions, so I can get the original illustrations from there. (the illustrations usually need lots of work).

Illustrations that are in public domain or Creative Commons are allowed to be re-worked and re-distributed.

I'm looking forward to more covers from you.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote