Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Question Google calendar sync issues

Hi,

Wonder if someone has experienced this weird behavior already and more important, how it was fixed.

I bought a new Galaxy SII cellphone (running Gingerbread) I gave the one I had to my wife (running Froyo) I am trying to sync both calendars and so far, I've accomplished half of the task: she is able to see my Google calendar and activities, all of them, but I am not able to see my wife's.

Yes, my Google calendar is being shared. Yes, her Google calendar is being shared. But I cannot see her events on my Galaxy SII, why?

By the way, if we both check Google calendar via web browser, she can see my Calendar and I can see her Google calendar. No issues at all.

Does it have something to do with the differences in Android version? ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Try this link here hope it helps

http://androidforums.com/android-app...-goog-cal.html

The best answer from
Quote:
It is correct that you can't see more than one calendar account on Android, but for sharing for this, you'll want to change the sharing on the other calendar so that you can see more than free/busy.

That said, if you don't immediately see it on your phone, check on Calendar -> Menu -> More -> My Calendars. If you see it, mark the box for it and it'll load; if you don't, then from here, go to Menu -> Add Calendars, and look there.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Still not working, I mean ... using the "sharing method".

Found a workaround though. I added wife's Google account on my cellphone and setup sync for Calendar only. It's showing now. However, not the solution I want, is like killing a bee with an AK47 ... :-) ...

What if 2nd user does not know the Google credentials or passwords of the 1st one? The sharing feature should work or be more than enough for that.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote