Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
SilentSeven
Enthusiast
SilentSeven began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus7
How to install prior version of Calibre when newer version installed?

Couldn't find in the archives...sorry.

Windows 7 system.

Need to re-install version 7.53 as 7.54 seems to have broken some plugin scripts (not sure on that, thus I would like to rollback to test).

Tried to re-install from 0.7.53.msi package and it says a newer version is already installed.

Want to be careful here so I don't blow away my configuration and files and have to rebuild calibre.

Any suggestions?

thx!
SilentSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Uninstalling calibre does not touch your configuration files or your library. So simply uninstall the current version and then install the one you want.

This will be OK as long as there was no database format change between the two versions. If there was you will get errors trying to run the older version.

Last edited by itimpi; 04-13-2011 at 12:37 PM.
itimpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Downgrading is not supported or recommended. It may or may not work. Some versions upgrade the library database making it incompatible with older versions.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
SilentSeven
Enthusiast
SilentSeven began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus7
Thanks everyone for the quick replies. It turns out my problem was that my plugin 'disappeared' sometime around/during the upgrade from 0.7.53 to 0.7.54. I have no explanation for this.

Once I noticed this, re-installed the plugin and everything is working again. No need to rollback.

Last edited by SilentSeven; 04-13-2011 at 01:04 PM.
SilentSeven is offline   Reply With Quote