Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
How do you bookmark on a touch?

Sometimes when I'm reading I want to go back and read a bit earlier or skip to the end then back again.

I can sort of do this by stopping at a new chapter writing the chapter number down then going back afterwards but I'm used to the booken where I could drop a bookmark in then go to a bookmark.

Thanks John
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwhelan View Post
Sometimes when I'm reading I want to go back and read a bit earlier or skip to the end then back again.

I can sort of do this by stopping at a new chapter writing the chapter number down then going back afterwards but I'm used to the booken where I could drop a bookmark in then go to a bookmark.

Thanks John
You could use the Touch's highlighting feature to simulate a bookmark. Simply press a word, then, when the selection handles appear use them to extend the selection if you wish and then tap the pencil icon at the bottom of screen. To navigate to a highlight, tap the center of the screen which will bring up the Reading menu then select Highlights in the Options menu (four stacked lines). Finally, select the highlight you want to go to.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
You could use the Touch's highlighting feature to simulate a bookmark. Simply press a word, then, when the selection handles appear use them to extend the selection if you wish and then tap the pencil icon at the bottom of screen. To navigate to a highlight, tap the center of the screen which will bring up the Reading menu then select Highlights in the Options menu (four stacked lines). Finally, select the highlight you want to go to.
If I touch lightly then it turns the page. If I touch and hold my finger on the word then I get a dictionary icon at the bottom together with an X.

I'm not seeing a selection handle.

Thanks John
Old 07-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Dave@Kobo
Dave@Kobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
If I touch lightly then it turns the page. If I touch and hold my finger on the word then I get a dictionary icon at the bottom together with an X.

Thanks John
Is this a Kobo purchased book or an side loaded ePub?
Dave@Kobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:

Thanks John
Currently, highlighting only works on EPUBs purchased from Kobo. The Kobo developers are working on adding this feature to non-Kobo EPUBs.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
johnwhelan
Zealot

I only have none drm epub books from Belgrave House on there at the moment.

I don't think Kobo carry the sort of non DRM books I'm interested in.

So it would appear this is not possible.

Thanks John