Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-08-2015, 10:21 AM   #1
Trevorh53
Trevorh53 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle iOS App
Question Is it worth paying to promote free books?

I'm going to run a free promotion on my ebook but wondered, is it worth paying to have it re-tweeted or included in free book lists? I've heard Fiverr is very good.
Trevorh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the "Writers' Corner" forum, where such questions belong.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:31 AM   #3
thewitt
Zealot
thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iBooks
BKNights on Fiverr is pretty good. I don't know about any other promotion groups there.
thewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:36 AM   #4
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Depends what your goals are. On a purely financial level, most authors who use paid promotion don't earn the money back. (There's always the notable exception.) If you're after readership, then paid promotion will get you readers you wouldn't have otherwise acquired.

It's worth noting that even major publishers don't usually run advertising campaigns for their books. Author interviews on news sites, yes. Paying for priority bookstands in stores, yes. Advertisements in the New Yorker? Highly unlikely.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:51 AM   #5
Trevorh53
Trevorh53 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle iOS App
Thanks Nancy, that's really helpful. It's readers I'm after, but i don't want to spend a fortune so I'll put a limit on how much. Thanks again.
Trevorh53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book lists, free amazon ebook, twitter