Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
KNI
Connoisseur
KNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Sony PRS-650
Sony Cuts prices on PRS-T2

I was checking the Sony Store for the PRS-T-2 reader, and see the price has been dropped from US $129.99 to US $99.99 including free shipping.

My guess would be that they are reducing inventory in anticipation of the new PRS-T3.

See:
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921666474334
KNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
It's still a frankly ridiculous £119 in the UK Sony store -

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/rd-rea...k/prst2hbc.ce7
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:14 AM   #3
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
yes, cheaper in Japan now too, roll on the T3
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
It's still a frankly ridiculous £119 in the UK Sony store -

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/rd-rea...k/prst2hbc.ce7
Of course it is ridiculous - you said it yourself, it's in the UK - we always get the short end (as well as higher prices) here. I can't count how many times I've seen the US dollar sign simply replaced by the UK pound sign on electronics/computers as well as other items. Even converting and adding our 20% VAT is lower than the prices we get gouged for.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Never saw the T2 once in the Uk myself the only store I knew that kept the T1 in stock has now removed all the Sony line (Argos if anyones wondering)

I think it's safe to say sonys now lost any market it had in the UK to Kobo.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
To be fair, the Kobo Mini was available at a bargain price of £29 for a while back in June (which I'd have bought if I didn't already have my PRS350), but I know what you mean lioslaith!

Between the Kobo Glo being available for slightly cheaper than the Kindle Paperwhite, the already mentioned Kobo Mini deal, and the firesale of the Nook ST/Glowlight for £29/£69, it's fair to say that Sony's market share must have been pretty badly hit. The Nook prices will have sucked in a lot of new people to the market while the Kobo Aura will have encouraged Sony/Kindle users to switch.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
I bought my T2 on eBay about 2 months ago, for around £60 all in. It was never actually used by previous owner who bought it January this year.

I wanted to try another Sony, it was the brand of my first reader in 2009 when I bought my 505.

So far I'm loving it, out of all the eInk readers I've owned and used its the easiest and best for highlighting, annotations etc that I've used so far.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote