Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #76
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
Darn it, in this age of instant gratification, when I ordered my kindle hd yesterday I expected it to be here yesterday if not sooner! I am also collecting apps to load on my new toy when it gets here, never mind that I will be much older and more decrepit when it finally arrives.
Posting from ny nook color, even though the screen is great, its never been fully functional for me. Even with cm7, its still limited as well as HEAVY!! I cant wait to get my KFHD! Though i find it ugly, its everything i want: portability, content, kindle reader and the ability to video chat with friends & family WITHOUT changing devices!!!
Color me happy!! I too want it now!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #77
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So after staring at the images on Amazon for 4 consecutive days now, not to mention watching EVERY video on youtube, its not ugly anymore! I actually like the new look! Can't wait to get my hands on!!
Advert
Old 09-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #78
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
So after staring at the images on Amazon for 4 consecutive days now, not to mention watching EVERY video on youtube, its not ugly anymore! I actually like the new look! Can't wait to get my hands on!!
Well, sounds like you have passed the point of no return, the agony will only increase every day that passes. The only cure now will have to be tactile in nature by opening the box when it hits the door.

DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #79
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I'm waiting for 2 things before I buy. First, I want to see some in-depth reviews. Second, I want to see what Apple is going to do about introducing an iPad mini.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #80
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
KFHD is ugly. What is it with Amazon's second generation devices?

There must be some guy in the design department who always chimes in: "I got a fever and the only cure is a bigger bezel!"

That said, I ordered my KFHD the day of the announcement. I love my kindle fire. And the KFHD has more cowbell bezel!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #81
eSheri
Addict

iPad=borr-ring! Same old kiddy icons and wallpaper. Cant wait to hear those dolby speakers on the KFHD!!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #82
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I am THIS close to canceling my order and going with the LTE version.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #83
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
So what SIZE is everyone ordering

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #84
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post

Carol
8.9" 32 GB for me. I didn't see much reason in not paying the extra $70 when I was at $300 anyway.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #85
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post

Carol
16GB for now. Might bump it up though. It just depends on how much the new "iPad Mini" costs and how the new iPhone ends up looking.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #86
eSheri
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I am THIS close to canceling my order and going with the LTE version.
OH I AM SO WITH YOU ON THIS!!! OMG!! I definitely want the 7" to slide into my purse, however the 4G LTE!! It's such a great deal! But, here's something else to ponder: 4G is awfully fast and we'll probably blow through that quickly. Has it been said what happens after our 250MB have been used and the month is not finished??
Old 09-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #87
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
OH I AM SO WITH YOU ON THIS!!! OMG!! I definitely want the 7" to slide into my purse, however the 4G LTE!! It's such a great deal! But, here's something else to ponder: 4G is awfully fast and we'll probably blow through that quickly. Has it been said what happens after our 250MB have been used and the month is not finished??
Nope, but I think by the time November comes by, we'll be seeing more options, just like with the special offers being able to be taken off now.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #88
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
8.9" 32 GB for me. I didn't see much reason in not paying the extra $70 when I was at $300 anyway.
I have the current 7" Fire but the new ones are tempting.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #89
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I've pre-ordered an 8.9" 32GB and do not want another data plan. When needed I can easily tether to my 4G phone that has unlimited data.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #90
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I ordered the Kindle Fire HD 7 32 Gb model. Unfortunately, it ships 30 days AFTER the 16 Gb model. Memory can't be added later so bigger is better.

I went with 7" over the 8.9" since I must fit it in my wife's purse.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote