Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
christinerutter
christinerutter began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone with Stanza
Calibre to Web Page

Hi. Not sure if this is the right place, so sorry if it isn't.

Up until the arrival of iOS5 on my iPhone I used Stanza to read and download from an OPDS catalog I use at home. Since Stanza isn't compatible any longer with my phone, I have moved onto using Kobo. As a reader it isn't as good, but better than others I have tried.

My only issue is that you need to download the files from a web browser, and although I can do this, as I have it as a website, I don't get to see synopses of the books, the genre or anything else which is helpful.

I have over 800 in my library and loads more to add, and don't want to start again and therefore I am wondering if there is a feature that will allow me to generate html pages using the information within Calibre that will give me the information as well as a link to the file.

Look forward to hearing from anyone who might be able to help.

Christine
christinerutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinerutter View Post
Hi. Not sure if this is the right place, so sorry if it isn't.

Up until the arrival of iOS5 on my iPhone I used Stanza to read and download from an OPDS catalog I use at home. Since Stanza isn't compatible any longer with my phone, I have moved onto using Kobo. As a reader it isn't as good, but better than others I have tried.

My only issue is that you need to download the files from a web browser, and although I can do this, as I have it as a website, I don't get to see synopses of the books, the genre or anything else which is helpful.

I have over 800 in my library and loads more to add, and don't want to start again and therefore I am wondering if there is a feature that will allow me to generate html pages using the information within Calibre that will give me the information as well as a link to the file.

Look forward to hearing from anyone who might be able to help.

Christine
Preference: Sharing:
Start the content server, then in your browser, type in
<IP of your machine>:8080 [enter]

and see if that meets your needs

If it does, then you will need to
1)Leave the machine running (with Calibre running). 2) Set the preference to always start when Calibre starts.

The IP only applies for devices connected to your LAN. You need to setup Port-Forwarding on your router (way beyond this discussion ).

There are tips on the preferences page
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 06:14 AM   #3
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
I'm currently coding a PHP server using the data from calibre. I've made some modification to ease the navigation with the Kobo web browser.

I'll publish it here when it's ready (hopefully in a week or two).
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:31 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
I'm currently coding a PHP server using the data from calibre. I've made some modification to ease the navigation with the Kobo web browser.

I'll publish it here when it's ready (hopefully in a week or two).
Just FYI: There's already an existing implementation of a PHP Calibre server here.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote