Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 05-24-2015, 03:04 AM   #1096
tamiby
tamiby began at the beginning.

Device: Huawei Ascend Mate 7 with Mantano Reader, Kindle Paperwhite
Hi Sebastien!

Thanks so much for COPS, it's running perfectly and solved my pet peeves with the system I used before

I coupled COPS with ownCloud and my own website, password protected it and it works great! (I use a kindle PW by the way...)

So again thank you for your great work and making our lives easier

PD: I followed this link and its comments to smooth out the wrinkles on the install...
tamiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:54 AM   #1097
teejcee
Enthusiast
teejcee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G & Paperwhite
Hi all..

I've finally overcome the obstacles that stopped me from getting my client/server
set up running and would like to allow a couple of users to access my calibre
library via COPS.

I don't really want anyone to fiddle around with settings so I'm asking if there is
a simple way of disabling the customize ui ( the spanner icon ) to keep it away from them.

I have done my best to find an answer but no luck.

Thank you.
TC

Last edited by teejcee; 06-17-2015 at 12:59 AM. Reason: I gave the post a title when I don't think I should have...now removed
teejcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2015, 04:25 AM   #1098
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
These settings are only effective for their own browsers. They have no effect on other users as long as they do not use the same browser on the same machine (PC/Laptop/tablet/smartphone).
mariosipad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:41 AM   #1099
teejcee
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
These settings are only effective for their own browsers. They have no effect on other users as long as they do not use the same browser on the same machine (PC/Laptop/tablet/smartphone).
Thanks mariosipad....makes sense now that I stop to think about it a bit more
Old 06-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #1100
Horus68
Zealot
Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I will PM you ASAP.
That will do, thanks.
Still waiting for your reply so we can reorganize this forum.
PM also sent with no reply for several months.
Horus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2015, 10:38 PM   #1101
tamiby
tamiby began at the beginning.

Device: Huawei Ascend Mate 7 with Mantano Reader, Kindle Paperwhite
Separate tags by first letter

Hello!

I was wondering if there was a way to separate the tags and series by first letter, as with the authors and titles? I looked for a setting in the configs file but only found the ones for author and titles...

I ask because, I have to confess, I love fanfics, and I use the tag field to save the fandom, and currently I have over 200 of them.... I have a wide range of interests jajaja

I would love to be able to go directly to a specific letter for a certain tag, instead of scrolling awkwardly over 200 entries on my paperwhite (it takes forever jajaja)

Thanks for all your help!
tamiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:03 AM   #1102
teejcee
Enthusiast

I have COPS running using the Basic Authentication set up for users and it works great using http.

To increase security, I'd like to employ https login but can't for the life of me work out
how to do this.

Has anyone examples of how to configure COPS accordingly?
From what I can find out, one of the things I'll need is a SSL Certificate but apparently this is a simple step.

Thanks,
TC

Stop Press:- I've found solution. Port forward router to 443 works.!!!!

Last edited by teejcee; 07-01-2015 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Found solution
Old 07-01-2015, 02:45 AM   #1103
teejcee
Enthusiast

Further to my bragging about getting basic authentication working I have ran
into a problem with it,

It correctly stops invalid user/password pairs but treats a null/null pair as valid...
Old 07-01-2015, 07:35 AM   #1104
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

null/null as in <empty>/<empty> ?

Edit:
I tried it using private browsing sessions to make sure the username/password is not in the browser cache and I could not log in without giving the proper credentials.

Last edited by mariosipad; 07-01-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:25 PM   #1105
ki5ck
Connoisseur
ki5ck began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Note3
Not sure if this has ever been discussed, but is it possible to add series under the authors as another sublevel? Perhaps have stand-alone books in that top level or another sublevel called "novels" or some such?

I have several authors with many, many books and it would be nice to see the series on their own level, along with the series number (so I don't have to count down 19 entries or see at a glance if something is missing).
ki5ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:34 PM   #1106
teejcee
Enthusiast

P
Quote:
null/null as in <empty>/<empty> ?

Edit:
I tried it using private browsing sessions to make sure the username/password is not in the browser cache and I could not log in without giving the proper credentials.
Yes...as in empty/empty. I've also tested to see if it's in cache. It is if I don't close my browser ( firefox ) but I've set firefox to flush cache on close so when I restart
I'm presented with the login panel again. If I then simply press enter without user/password it logs in. Oh, and yes, all open browser session are closed to ensure the
flush.

I don't think there's much I can do if it's in cache.

What puzzles me is that I'm "reasonably sure" that I tested this a few days ago and
everything worked as expected. I'll be going over any changes I may have made later today. I can't recall anything offhand.

Problem resolved... I was misinterpreting the instructions for basic authentication syntax.
When I changed $config['cops_basic_authentication'] = array('username' => 'u
sername', 'password' => 'password') to include the actual pair ( as per instruction ) it worked...!!

Last edited by teejcee; 07-02-2015 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Problem resolved.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:05 AM   #1107
raymond.ris
raymond.ris began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkruis View Post
Hi, I just tried your demo with Bookviser Reader which is a windows 8.1 program and I'm running windows 10 TP and it is running perfect.
This is strange because I'm unable to read the calibre server running on the local host, which works fine with my android tablet but not with any windows ebook reader.
It works in the web browser.
I'm going to set up your server and see how it goes.

Frits
Did you ever get this resolved ?? I have the same problem.
But I did notice that when I had fiddler running as a proxy that it dit work..
strange problem
raymond.ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:07 AM   #1108
mariosipad
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejcee View Post
Problem resolved... I was misinterpreting the instructions for basic authentication syntax.
When I changed $config['cops_basic_authentication'] = array('username' => 'u
sername', 'password' => 'password') to include the actual pair ( as per instruction ) it worked...!!
My observations:

1 - $config['cops_basic_authentication'] works without setting/changing .htaccess

2 - if you leave (config_local.php) $config['cops_basic_authentication'] = NULL then for a username/password question to work you need to setup .htacces and make a "htpasswd" file. (probably the preferred way)

3 - I think you tried to do both at the same time Tthere is no need for that
Old 07-06-2015, 02:38 AM   #1109
teejcee
Enthusiast

Quote:
My observations:

1 - $config['cops_basic_authentication'] works without setting/changing .htaccess

2 - if you leave (config_local.php) $config['cops_basic_authentication'] = NULL then for a username/password question to work you need to setup .htacces and make a "htpasswd" file. (probably the preferred way)

3 - I think you tried to do both at the same time Tthere is no need for that
1. Agreed....now that I have it working....

2. Haven't tested this. It's working & I'm happy. When I have a bit more time I'll have
a play with it.

3. Yes, you're correct. When I got it working as such, I commented out the htaccess
code again.

Many thanks for your continued input....very much appreciated.

Cheers,
TC
Old 07-09-2015, 02:20 AM   #1110
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hallo i have installed cops on my Synology NAS, it works fine with any Browser, but when i´m use my Kobo Reader with Koreader OPDS Support, it doesn´t work, it will nothing shown.
My cops URL is http://192.168.x.x/cops.
What can I do ?
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology