Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 11:10 PM   #1
bcarlson
Enthusiast
bcarlson began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Catalog too large

I am using 0.7.904 version of Caliber. I have a nook Wi-Fi. I have about 2700 books in my library so far. I found the create a catalog feature and ran it. It created a catalog and everything looks fine. The file size is 39.4mb. I put it on my nook (main memory) and it caused the nook to hang. After a few minutes, the nook went to sleep. When I woke it up, it was back to trying to load the book. I could not load any other book. I turned the nook off and everything was ok.

So, can I now split this catalog in to smaller files, say #-M, N-Z or some such? My nook will not display the synopsis of a side-loaded book so I need a catalog that I can search to get the synopsis. If I can split the current one into 2 or more books that would work great.

Thanks
bcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarlson View Post
I am using 0.7.904 version of Caliber. I have a nook Wi-Fi. I have about 2700 books in my library so far. I found the create a catalog feature and ran it. It created a catalog and everything looks fine. The file size is 39.4mb. I put it on my nook (main memory) and it caused the nook to hang. After a few minutes, the nook went to sleep. When I woke it up, it was back to trying to load the book. I could not load any other book. I turned the nook off and everything was ok.

So, can I now split this catalog in to smaller files, say #-M, N-Z or some such? My nook will not display the synopsis of a side-loaded book so I need a catalog that I can search to get the synopsis. If I can split the current one into 2 or more books that would work great.

Thanks
904 is a really old beta.
7.40 is the latest. The Catalog (and lots of other stuff) has evolved some
an upgrade is suggested

2000 books and my catalog is 10M

and yes, you can make selected catalogs.
Select or filter books, then make your catalog
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 12:49 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I am using 0.7.904 version of Caliber.
I concur with theducks that version is 6 months out of date. The latest release is 0.7.40
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
bcarlson
Enthusiast

ARGH!! now catalog feature is inop

I uninstalled the version I had (.9) and installed the .4 version of Caliber. I thought I was going to lose all my books. When .4 got up and running i still have all my books. Except when I go to create a catalog now I get an error message stating that I have no books. I would like to not have to remove the books and reload them as I have spent many hours finding synopses and covers for them. Any ideas as to what is wrong?
Old 01-16-2011, 08:15 AM   #5
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
I uninstalled the version I had (.9) and installed the .4 version of Caliber. I thought I was going to lose all my books. When .4 got up and running i still have all my books. Except when I go to create a catalog now I get an error message stating that I have no books. I would like to not have to remove the books and reload them as I have spent many hours finding synopses and covers for them. Any ideas as to what is wrong?
Check the job log, you probably have some authors with incorrect Author Sort values. 0.7.40 added a test for this condition, which will terminate catalog generation.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #6
bcarlson
Enthusiast

Does that mean the author's don't match the title or are the authors that are incorrect listed as unkown? If I turn the Author sort value off, will it work? (assuming that is the problem)
Old 01-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #7
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It means what it says in the job log, that you have an author with multiple books whose Author Sort values are inconsistent. Read the log, it tells you what to do.

Also, read the 'If you have problems' section of the first post in Creating Catalogs.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 01-16-2011 at 08:51 AM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote