Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 02-21-2015, 07:49 AM   #1156
orlok
Relaxing
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 7, Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I haven't read Gone Girl yet--I keep putting it off for some reason.
It's worth a try if you enjoyed The Girl on the Train. The twist and ending will not be to everyone's taste, but I did find it a compelling story, well narrated. I have no interest in seeing the movie, however. Not sure why.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:06 PM   #1157
Catlady
Wizard
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook Lite, Libre Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
It's worth a try if you enjoyed The Girl on the Train. The twist and ending will not be to everyone's taste, but I did find it a compelling story, well narrated. I have no interest in seeing the movie, however. Not sure why.
I do plan to listen to Gone Girl at some point, but it seems like there's always something newer that catches my attention and I get diverted! I also have zero interest in the movie--I love to watch old movies, but rarely bother with newer ones.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:46 PM   #1158
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage,Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9
Finished reading Foxglove Summer, by Ben Aaronovich, narrated by Kobna Holdbrook-Smith. This is #5 in the Peter Grant/Rivers of London series, and is another absolute winner. I deliberately held this book out and only allowed myself to read it while I was swimming, to provide a bit of incentive to get in the pool! It worked, and I'm now swimming regularly, AND I enjoyed a great book.

If you haven't had a chance to try this series, by all means grab the first, Midnight Riot, originally published in the UK as Rivers of London.

Also finished up a couple of Mercedes Lackey Valdemar books. No better than so-so, but still enjoyable, and well read by Nick Podehl. Now reading the first of a new Valdemar story arc around Mags Closer to Home. It's going well, and is a bit better than the last couple of Mags books.

Not sure what my "swimming only" book will be. Possible the next Alexander Kent Bolitho book.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:22 PM   #1159
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Not sure what my "swimming only" book will be. Possible the next Alexander Kent Bolitho book.
I succumbed and bought A Second Chance, #3 in the Chronicles of St. Mary's series from Jodi Taylor, and read by Zara Ramm. This is an absolutely ridiculous series of books detailing the adventures of time travelling historians. But much fun.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:23 PM   #1160
Janeena
Janeena began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I succumbed and bought A Second Chance, #3 in the Chronicles of St. Mary's series from Jodi Taylor, and read by Zara Ramm. This is an absolutely ridiculous series of books detailing the adventures of time travelling historians. But much fun.
I absolutely agree! I'm having so much fun with this series and can't wait for number 5 to be released in the next few days. I started the series based on your recommendation several posts back (Thanks for that!) but after some of the responses about violence, I hesitated. I'm so glad I went ahead and started the first book. There is violence but there are also many giggles - for me anyway. And, I don't think there could be a better reader than Ramm.

jt
Janeena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:26 PM   #1161
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janeena View Post
I absolutely agree! I'm having so much fun with this series and can't wait for number 5 to be released in the next few days. I started the series based on your recommendation several posts back (Thanks for that!) but after some of the responses about violence, I hesitated. I'm so glad I went ahead and started the first book. There is violence but there are also many giggles - for me anyway. And, I don't think there could be a better reader than Ramm.

jt
So glad it's working for you. I admit to a good deal of guilty pleasure with this series. I've actually got #4 already, but was holding off on buying #3 because I was going to have to actually pay $$ for it. I admit, not all that much, but I was being "frugal". Anyway, I went ahead and bought the eBook, and used the WhisperSync for Voice to buy the audio book. The combined price was still cheaper than the value of 1 credit.

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations