Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #46
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Edit: I just checked, and Orange County Library System offers downloads from Zinio also.

Here's a list of available titles.
Cool! Of course they don't have the two magazines I pay B&N for. Last time I checked this was many years ago and they had hardly any books, let alone magazines.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #47
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Many libraries, including one of the ones I belong to - King County Library System - offer free magazine downloads through Zinio, with no return dates. Essentially, I'm getting free subscriptions to top magazines.
Thanks so much for mentioning this, tubemonkey! Although my local public library system doesn't offer Zinio magazines, I was able to find another library that I belong to that does. Now I have several free magazine issues on my tablet to read using the Zinio app. So cool!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #48
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Loudoun County library offers this, too! Thanks, Tubemonkey! I'd karma you but I need to karma someone else first.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #49
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
I bought HD+ and HD. I like them a lot.

I use them mainly for reading pdfs and looking at other documents that do not work well with my Kobo reader. Kobo reader is my first choice of e-reader since it has a much natural experience reading. However these tablets are great viewer/reader companions.

As far as BN devices go, the build is good. It has good user experience, I definitely recommend it. They both have amazing resolution (HD+ is full HD) . And you cannot beat the price nowadays. BN sells them from. $149/$129

Go get one if you are in the tablet market.

Last edited by khahoon; 06-28-2013 at 06:43 PM.
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #50
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
~slighty off topic~

A great little time-wasting game that looks cool and works well on the HD/HD+ is Cubistry:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mpany.Cubistry
(The game colors look like the static images, not the ones in the video. They are very vibrant and distinctive)

And a cool clock widget is the andTIX clock:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

You can also play Amazon Instant Videos on the HD/HD+ if you use one of the browsers that has Flash built-in - Dolphin, Puffin, etc.

~back on topic~

I'm tossing around the idea of getting another one now to use as a birthday present later this year.

Last edited by Xanthe; 06-28-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:34 AM   #51
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I just picked up a Nook HD+ (NDH+), the 16GB Version), and I've been very pleased with it. I previously used a Nook Color (NC) and was pleased with it too, but the NDH+ addressed a weakness when came to the NC: reading manga. With the larger screen and higher resolution, the NHD+ is great for reading manga. The screen resolution is high enough to see the fine-line detail in the images and very small text.

Concerning PDFs, as with my other ebook readers I've found both Nooks to be great PDF readers as long as the PDFs are sized for the reader's screen. The build-in app for reading PDFs works well and is an improvement over the original PDF reader app that came with my NC (this has since been replaced with a greatly improved app).
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #52
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Loudoun County library offers this, too! Thanks, Tubemonkey! I'd karma you but I need to karma someone else first.
Feel free to use me; I am at your service.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote