Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Navigating to Highlights

I feel I am probably asking a silly question, but I've recently been gifted a Kindle Paperwhite after using B&N Nooks for years and I'm having adjustment difficulties.

On the Nook, when I create a highlight in a book, that highlight appears in the navigation GUI -- when you pull up navigation, there's a tab for Table of Contents and a tab for user highlights and notes. This lets you drill directly to a highlight, if you so desire.

Can I do this on the Kindle Paperwhite? When I hit "go to", I only see the Table of Contents; I don't see a means of navigating to my highlights directly within the book.

Thanks for any help.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I haven't got my Kindle to hand, but IIRC, on the goto list, there's an option like "Notes & marks", which is the one you want.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
I haven't got my Kindle to hand, but IIRC, on the goto list, there's an option like "Notes & marks", which is the one you want.
How strange, for I cannot find it, and it seems likely that it should exist.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Menu / View Notes and Marks

Really not TOO tough to find
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Menu / View Notes and Marks

Really not TOO tough to find
There it is -- thank you!

It's rather different when you're used to it being in the navigation options, rather than in a catch-all list that also includes "Shop Kindle Store", "Landscape Mode", and "Settings".

Old 01-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Hmm, I was aware of this menu, but as far as I can see, it does not work for sideloaded books. Anyone can confirm this?
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #7
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
It should, if you have made highlights or notes.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Yes, it works. I just remembered I removed and then re-added some books, and the highlights were not preserved, only in My Clippings. Makes sense though. Thanks.
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote