Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-24-2015, 07:22 AM   #1
DonnaA
DonnaA began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
How do I update

Hi
I purchased this app from Amazon primarily for the cloud feature. But it is not showing in the app....how do I update the app to the latest version?

Regards
Donna
DonnaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:41 AM   #2
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
On what device are you using it? For example, I am on a Nexus tablet running Android. I get notified when apps have an available update, but can also manually search for one by going to the Google Play store (on the device) and clicking on My Apps. You will likely have a similar capability.
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2015, 08:55 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I don't think the version currently available via Amazon incudes the cloud-sync features. Amazon have their own draconian approval process.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:48 AM   #4
DonnaA

On the Multipie calibre homepage it says you can buy the full featured version on Googleplay or Amazon...I purchased it because of that.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:06 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You can but that does not mean that Amazon approves releases at the same time as Google does.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2015, 10:16 AM   #6
DonnaA

Does anyone know how I can update to the latest release with the cloud feature?
I don't want to pay for it again as I've already paid once.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:50 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaA View Post
Does anyone know how I can update to the latest release with the cloud feature?
I don't want to pay for it again as I've already paid once.
Quoting the CC faq because it is the easiest thing to do:
Quote:
We are waiting for Amazon to approve CC's Amazon Cloud Drive support. Amazon told us that this could be a multi-week process. Further, we don't know what the approval criteria are so we can't be sure that CC will pass. We hope it is finished by the end of August.
There is no way I know of to switch from Amazon to Google Play.

As a temporary measure you could use the demo version.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote