Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
goentropo
goentropo began at the beginning.

Device: 1.EcoReader 2.Sony PRS-700
ISBN in Calibre

Feeling as though I'm missing the bleeping obvious, but where is the ISBN field in Calibre. There is mention of it in the Help files etc but searches both there and on the forum haven't as yet shown me where I can enter this information. I thought there may have been a column option available for the ISBN as it would help downloading the metadata for the books that have it already entered.
goentropo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by goentropo View Post
Feeling as though I'm missing the bleeping obvious, but where is the ISBN field in Calibre. There is mention of it in the Help files etc but searches both there and on the forum haven't as yet shown me where I can enter this information. I thought there may have been a column option available for the ISBN as it would help downloading the metadata for the books that have it already entered.
The isbn field is in the database, accessible via the edit metadata window and can be easily searched by isbn:true or isbn:false. It can also be a source for the creation of a custom column just use the "quick create" when creating the column.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-12-2011 at 01:07 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 06:18 AM   #3
goentropo
goentropo began at the beginning.

Device: 1.EcoReader 2.Sony PRS-700
As I said, I was missing the bleeping obvious, I was clicking on the drop down menu and not on the button directly. Thank you, I really appreciate your fast response.
goentropo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, isbn, metadata