Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
customise the view option in main toolbar

apologies if asked already but search of forum was not useful.

rather than the drop down menu on the view button in main toolbar, I'd like dedicated buttons for view epub, view mobi. oth with kb shortcuts. is that on anyone's to-do list ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
apologies if asked already but search of forum was not useful.

rather than the drop down menu on the view button in main toolbar, I'd like dedicated buttons for view epub, view mobi. oth with kb shortcuts. is that on anyone's to-do list ?
Firstly, do you know about using Alt-V and then clicking on the format in the list in the popup window?

If that is not sufficient - e.g. you want a keyboard shortcut dedicated to opening each format without clicking the mouse then you could do this by writing a gui plugin. Unfortunately if you want each format to be it's own button on the toolbar then you would have to write each one as it's own plugin which would lead to madness . You could do one as a single dropdown button (like the Add button) pretty easily and configure the keyboard shortcuts for that menu.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just one further thing on the Alt-V trick - there is a bug (in my version of Calibre at least, which is 0.7.37). If you do it on a book with no formats you get a nasty error dialog. If you hit V instead you get a message telling you the book has no formats which you would expect.

Tracker is down so I can't create an issue for it - when it is up again I will do so but this is the sort of thing that if Kovid spots this post first will magically fix itself.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:35 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

actually, just dedicated keyboard shortcuts would be fine for me - is that easier to do ?

i see that I can do it all without mouse already - alt V, arrow keys, enter - but somthing like alt-v-m to view mobi would be slicker
Old 01-15-2011, 03:22 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
actually, just dedicated keyboard shortcuts would be fine for me - is that easier to do ?

i see that I can do it all without mouse already - alt V, arrow keys, enter - but somthing like alt-v-m to view mobi would be slicker
That is already doable via the "Open with" GUI plugin.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 03:28 AM   #6
cybmole
Wizard

ok - i have that plug in installed already, ( for its open with sigil option ) but I will need help with the configuration & syntax

i'd like 3 key combos for view epub & view mobi ( as most of the 2 key combos are already taken )
Old 01-15-2011, 03:45 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
ok - i have that plug in installed already, ( for its open with sigil option ) but I will need help with the configuration & syntax

i'd like 3 key combos for view epub & view mobi ( as most of the 2 key combos are already taken )
The tweak gives this as a simple example.

Code:
_('Ctrl+Shift+1')
In the tweak replace the last none with the above. Change as needed.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:50 AM   #8
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
That is already doable via the "Open with" GUI plugin.
Of course it is, how quickly I forget

Just setup a configuration line in tweaks for each format you want to open with a shortcut and get it to execute the ebook-viewer.exe located within your program files\calibre2 folder (assuming you are on Windows).

For instance add a line like this in there to open EPUB with an Alt+Shift+E shortcut:
('EPUB (Calibre)', 'EPUB', 'C:\\Program Files\\Calibre2\\ebook-viewer.exe', None, 'library.png', 'Alt+Shift+E')

Alternatively you could wait a week and there will be a new version of that "Open with" plugin with a gui configuration dialog instead, which should make it a little bit easier to configure. You will have to "redo" any custom configuration when you install it anyway, the price of progress
Old 01-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #9
cybmole
Wizard

thansk - so combining info fromt he last 2 posts - I should add
'EPUB (Calibre)', 'EPUB', 'C:\\Program Files\\Calibre2\\ebook-viewer.exe', None, 'library.png', 'Alt+V+E'

or does the 2nd keystroke have to be a "special "key like shift or ctrl

i see that the other tweak lines in that section of calibre preferences are enclosed in [ ] - so is that also needed ?
maybe I should wait a week & try setting up all my preferences in the new version
Old 01-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #10
kiwidude

Quote:
thansk - so combining info fromt he last 2 posts - I should add
'EPUB (Calibre)', 'EPUB', 'C:\\Program Files\\Calibre2\\ebook-viewer.exe', None, 'library.png', 'Alt+V+E'

or does the 2nd keystroke have to be a "special "key like shift or ctrl

i see that the other tweak lines in that section of calibre preferences are enclosed in [ ] - so is that also needed ?
maybe I should wait a week & try setting up all my preferences in the new version
If you aren't confident to make the change, you may as well wait. You would need at least () brackets around the line above, as this means it represents one "set" of values, contained in the list represented by []. i.e. at a minimum your tweak value would look like this for a single menu item:
[('EPUB (Calibre)', .... )]
For multiple menu items, just add a comma between each () set i.e.
[('EPUB (Sigil)', ....),
('EPUB (Calibre)', ...)]

In terms of the keyboard shortcut - I believe you will get in trouble trying to do a key sequence involving Alt+V because it is already used by Calibre as I mentioned above. Multi-key sequences cannot have a single key sequence in conflict as you would have there. Assuming you did find a key combination that is not in use to use as a "multi-key" sequence, I believe the syntax is to comma separate the keys - e.g. 'Alt+1,E' for pressing Alt+1 then E.