Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #16
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post
oh never mind. The program allowed me to edit the title but it actually didn't change it.
yeah that's annoying right?

it's a single setting in the adminCP that makes it so you cant do that, but it has to be tripped on purpose, so I guess alex doesn't want us regular users to change the title of threads, Only Mods
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:16 AM   #17
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Ah...thanks for the explanation
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
There, I changed the title for everyone who was being duped by the title of the original post
Quote:
oh never mind. The program allowed me to edit the title but it actually didn't change it.
andy is right, a title must be changed by a mod. i added a question mark a few days ago but i'll change the title to your new one.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:52 PM   #19
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

of course I am, I spent more time in the VB admin CP then I care to recall

my coadmin was always installing some kinda mod to our forum, and when he couldnt figure out what he was doing wrong I would get Ims asking for help. I have a natural eye for template work. unfortunately I began to hate working with computers as my interests shifted.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #20
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
What is Sony's history in regard to firmware updates- like with the 500 and 505? Knowing what everyone wants in this update, it sure seems slow in coming. Just wondering...
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #21
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
What is Sony's history in regard to firmware updates- like with the 500 and 505? Knowing what everyone wants in this update, it sure seems slow in coming. Just wondering...
well in regards of the PSP, very well.

In regards to the PRS. as far as I know. the only functionality fix they ever did was the Epub for the 505. everything else was bug fixes.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #22
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:

I think Sony released 2 updates for the 500 and 1 update for the 505
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
I think Sony released 2 updates for the 500 and 1 update for the 505
That is correct.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #24
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you see a release coming before their next new reader is unveiled?
Old 06-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #25
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Do you see a release coming before their next new reader is unveiled?
the 505 update was only to add Epub Support.

the 700 has no Missing functions by their terms so why would they have a firmware update. there are no bugs that I'm aware of.

I don't see a firmware update ever or if ever, any time soon
Old 06-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #26
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
the 505 update was only to add Epub Support.

the 700 has no Missing functions by their terms so why would they have a firmware update. there are no bugs that I'm aware of.

I don't see a firmware update ever or if ever, any time soon
Dictionary support wouldn't come as a firmware update?
Old 06-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #27
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Quote:
Dictionary support wouldn't come as a firmware update?
Probably not if they are going to use that as a major selling feature in their next device. They may see keeping dictionary support off of the 505/700 as a good way to encourage current sony owners into upgrading to their newest madel come release time.

Then again, perhaps they just don't care. Some big companies focus more on new business then customer relations. I have never had real great customer service from them on either my digital camera or my camcorder, both of which required warranty work.

Then again, maybe dictionary support will come on the next firmware update. Maybe that update will be tomorrow, Maybe it will be a month after they release there next reader. Who knows what Sony is thinking/planning!
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:27 AM   #28
Andybaby
Wizard

the 600 is a downgrade from the 700 in my mind hardware wise, I do believe there will be a firmware update soon from sony for the 700 giving us dictionary support to the 700. the only feature that I think might not happen is scribble writing.

anyway. for people who want to check this is the url where it would show up http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...00&SelectOS=30

I don't expect it for atleast 2 days, probably closer to a couple of weeks.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #29
addadutta
addadutta began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
To me, Sony Daily Reader in the same price range as PRS-700 means that PRS-700 is killed as a product.
addadutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:29 AM   #30
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by addadutta View Post
To me, Sony Daily Reader in the same price range as PRS-700 means that PRS-700 is killed as a product.
Ugh yeah? we know. its been discontinued. and that comment doesn't even relate to the thread.