Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-13-2022, 02:13 PM   #1
lego123
lego123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
problem with my kindle dxg

I have a problem with my kindle dxg. I was unable to download documents sent by email. He didn't download the books he bought on amazon through the website from his computer. I contacted amazon support. I reset the Kindle on the advice of support. Now I can't register my Kindle (((Firmware version is 2.5.5. I decided to update the firmware to 2.5.8. I did it several times already, but the firmware is still the same. What should I do? How can I fix my Kindle?
lego123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:47 PM   #2
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
May I ask which country you are in now?

I heard that 3G Wireless in many countries ceasing operates beginning this year.

My DXG's wireless not working in Thailand (tested on Dec-2021), but still working in Singapore (Feb-2022). I tested on download ebook, and sync locations, but didn't test on sign-in.

Last edited by tekkasit; 02-13-2022 at 10:50 PM.
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2022, 06:33 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Also if battery ran flat, it takes about a day to reset the time and date via the 3G. Until then it won't access any Internet or register or sync, except oddly the Amazon store browsing works.

If there is no Store front then there is no 3G. It may also work on 2G Edge in some countries, which is also used for water meters, electricity meters etc and thus won't be turned off soon, but it also varies by carrier in some countries and I don't know how Amazon arranges that.

Follow instructions here on PC carefully (works with Linux, so likely works with Mac too if mac sees the Kindle).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...MQC26VQQMM8XSW
Note, B009 is usually a DXG and the B004 & B005 the DX before KK3 came out. The KK3, though technically earlier than the DXG, has more RAM so can update to a FW that has more fonts and KF8 support.
The DX and DXG have poor font support and only do mobi/KF7. They were obsolete in language and font support even when new as were all earlier kindles.
Quote:

Your serial number starts with B004 download this file.
After your device has fully updated, download and install the Kindle Services Update.

Your serial number starts with B005 download this file.
After your device has fully updated, download and install the Kindle Services Update.

Your serial number starts with B009 download this file.

Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 05:42 AM   #4
lego123

It was brilliant! My Kindle lay on for several days. I read your advice and tried to register. And it happened! Thanks! I am very grateful! I wonder why amazon support does not know about this moment?))

I still can't update the firmware from 2.5.5. Of course, I followed the instructions of the amazon site.
I had an idea about this, I need to check it)) Maybe a very long time ago I installed a jailbreak and it interferes? I'll try to remove...
Old 02-20-2022, 05:45 AM   #5
lego123

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkasit View Post
May I ask which country you are in now?

I heard that 3G Wireless in many countries ceasing operates beginning this year.

My DXG's wireless not working in Thailand (tested on Dec-2021), but still working in Singapore (Feb-2022). I tested on download ebook, and sync locations, but didn't test on sign-in.
I heard it too. I live in Russia. 3g is still working))
Advert
Old 02-20-2022, 01:00 PM   #6
lego123

I tried to make an uninstall jailbreak. I started with the archive I had on my computer from 2011. The Kindle performs an update. After that, I launched the update to 2.5.8. The process is underway, but in the end, firmware 2.5.5 remains. I downloaded the latest jailbreak from this forum and uninstalled it. This also didn't work.
I don't know how to update the firmware
Old 02-20-2022, 02:19 PM   #7
lego123

Maybe there is an opportunity and sense to install firmware 3.x on my 2.5.5 right away?
Old 02-21-2022, 08:18 AM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Not enough RAM on DX or DXG for Firmware reliably later than 2.5.8, that's why Amazon never offered it.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 04:06 AM   #9
lego123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Not enough RAM on DX or DXG for Firmware reliably later than 2.5.8, that's why Amazon never offered it.
I can't update firmware 2.5.5 to 2.5.8 (((
how do i deal with this?
I thought to install 3.x on 2.5.5 right away, is it possible?