Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
KirkD
KirkD began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Calibre recognition of Kindle books on iPad

I have both iBooks and Kindle books on my iPad. I've installed Calibre on my MacBook Pro with the objective of converting my Kindle books to ePub/iBook format. When I launch Calibre and click on the iPad icon, my iBooks appear in the Calibre window, but not my Kindle books. How can I get Calibre to 'see' the Kindle books I have downloaded to my iPad?
KirkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Best to ask this question in the calibre forum.

The iDevice driver for calibre only sees the books installed in the iBooks application.

It is possible, though not trivial to convert the Kindle books to ePub. You first need to retrieve them using an intermediate app like PhoneDisk from Macroplant, then you may also need to remove DRM before converting them, perhaps with Apprentice Alf's assistance.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert