Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Nook Classic Firmware 1.7

Does anyone know what changes were made in firmware 1.7? I can't find it anywhere.

~eddie
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose View Post
I was reading here http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...re-1-7-issued/ that it only contained minor system updates the user should not notice.
I can't tell any difference but it would be nice to know what was addressed. I hope they did something to get better battery life since that's my main problem with it. My other concern is that the touch screen isn't very responsive but it seems the same with the update so I guess they didn't do anything with that. On the positive side it's nice to know that they haven't given up on it and are still upgrading the firmware.

~eddie
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
v1.7 was supposed to fix access issues with memory cards that was caused by v1.6. I held off and didn't connect to WiFi after hearing that v1.6 disabled access to memory cards larger than 2GB, since I have a 16GB card installed. I did update to v1.7 and the only thing I noticed was a bit more contrast on my wallpaper image.

Other than that, I've noticed no differences. My battery life certainly has not changed.

However, BN isn't telling what changes were made in either v1.6 or v1.7 beyond saying that they would not be noticeable to the user. They have stated on their community forum boards that there are no plans for any future updates for the original Nook.

The speculation is that the update may have had something to do with the Nook being able to work with the coming "MyNook" site. But the reality is no one knows but BN exactly what changes were made and they aren't sayin'.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
JerseyBiker
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
v1.7 was supposed to fix access issues with memory cards that was caused by v1.6. I held off and didn't connect to WiFi after hearing that v1.6 disabled access to memory cards larger than 2GB
I read about the v1.6 fiasco while I was searching for the changes in v1.7. I keep my nook in airplane mode to preserve the battery. When I switched airplane mode off it downloaded and installed v1.7. I thought it strange that they skipped a version number.

I'm also surprised that there is no buzz about the firmware update on this forum. In the past when there was an update there were quite a few post about it. I guess most people with the Nook classic have moved on to the other Nook versions or other readers. The classic is only about a year and half old and it's already a has been. All I need an e-reader for is read books and my Nook does that fine for me.

~eddie
Old 07-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I'm still using my classic Nook daily and it's great. Wasn't impressed with the Nook Touch enough to replace the classic. Updated to 1.7 with no issues, but don't notice any changes either.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert