Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
What happens if I lose my Sony E-Reader PRS-T2? Can I back it up?

Hi all, I just wanted to know what would happen if I lost my Sony PRS-T2. I have all my e-books backed up on to my desktop PC. However, I have all my notes, particularly my highlights are on my PRS-T2. Is there any way that I could backup these notes onto my PC? Can I backup the highlighted passages I've made in ebooks right now so that if I were to lose my PRS-T2 I could easily just 'restore' these highlighted passages? I'd hate to lose my highlighted notes that I've created on the PRS-T2.

My iPod Touch has this feature so I had hoped the PRS-T2 has this feature also.

Thank you for any help!

Edit:

How could I 'backup' my PRS-T2 in case I were to lose it so that the highlighted passages I've highlighted onto my e-books could be restored to a a new PRS-T2?

Thank you!

Last edited by EbookNovice; 09-25-2013 at 12:21 PM.
EbookNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

Install the latest 'Reader for PC' application, connect your T2 via USB and sync with your PC. All your annotations will be backed up. To verify, open a book after sync to see if your highlighted passages can be seen on the book viewer of 'Reader for PC' app.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yts06mgr View Post
Install the latest 'Reader for PC' application, connect your T2 via USB and sync with your PC. All your annotations will be backed up. To verify, open a book after sync to see if your highlighted passages can be seen on the book viewer of 'Reader for PC' app.
Ok thanks I'll your verify process.

It's good to know that all of my highlighted passages will be backed up!
Old 12-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #4
EbookNovice
Banned

Alright, I just checked this again and the annotations/notes are visible, and are therefore backed up when I open the 'Reader for PC' app when I access my ebooks in 'My Library'.

Is there anything else I need to be concerned with as far as making sure my notes/annotations and are backed up?

I still haven't tried backing up my Reader on my 2nd PC. The 2nd PC doesn't have any ebooks or even the 'Reader for PC' app.

Thanks!