Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 05:14 AM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Getting in touch with www.pocketbook.de?

Hi all,
I wonder whether any of you has had any luck communicating with them - the numbers (both mobile and fixed) always re-direct to an aswerphone, did any of you manage to talk to a human? I wonder whether the numbers on their website are not up to date (I am trying to order direct a PB903 from them).
Thanks!
paola
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:45 AM   #2
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I presume you tried to email them first? I had a few questions about the IQ and they got in touch with me via email, answered all my questions and helped solve some issues. I was happy with their customer service. Perhaps they have many people trying to call at the same time?
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:07 AM   #3
onesome
Connoisseur
onesome began at the beginning.

Device: GalaxyTab 10.1
I emailed them couple of times and the answers were fast and accurate. Although the e-shop looks and acts not good enough the people there seems to be professionals. So they won my order. Just use contact web form first and after that you can keep communicate via e-mail.
onesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:31 AM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thanks guys, I am talking not of pocketgood but of pocketbook.de, are you referring to them?

Yes, I had tried email, but with no results, and since I have to spend my money by the day after tomorrow (accounting reasons) I am getting impatient, I know. After nagging you, I have managed just now to get through to the mobile phone, and the guy has suggested I send in the order by e-mail (which I had tried already): but it turns out it was a public holiday yesterday in Germany, so this may explain the delay (plus me being anxious )

These people at pocketbook do look very professional and dedicated, which is the reason why they won me over!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
Hi all,
I wonder whether any of you has had any luck communicating with them - the numbers (both mobile and fixed) always re-direct to an aswerphone, did any of you manage to talk to a human? I wonder whether the numbers on their website are not up to date (I am trying to order direct a PB903 from them).
Thanks!
paola
Sorry, there is a bad flu in Nürnberg and we have not enough people still up right now. We are doing an emergency recruiting right now. Please mail us.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
onesome
Connoisseur

My bad. I meant Pocketgoods.de. Did you try PM to mtravellerh from the forum - he could give you some help I think.

Edit: he already didi it. Never in doubt!

Last edited by onesome; 11-02-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #7
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesome View Post
My bad. I meant Pocketgoods.de.
I have tried twice to contact them without getting any answer.

After about 15 years of shopping online, my experience is that if the company is not responsive during the time you stand with money in hand they will be even worse if support is ever needed.

It has been many years since I had a on-line company not respond to questions, but now the two Pocketbook resellers I found (in EU) have both neglected to answer.

Honestly, not sure I dare to buy a Pocketbook.... too bad, I was really looking forward to the 903.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
I have tried twice to contact them without getting any answer.

After about 15 years of shopping online, my experience is that if the company is not responsive during the time you stand with money in hand they will be even worse if support is ever needed.

It has been many years since I had a on-line company not respond to questions, but now the two Pocketbook resellers I found (in EU) have both neglected to answer.

Honestly, not sure I dare to buy a Pocketbook.... too bad, I was really looking forward to the 903.
Please PM pocketgoods. Please remember that this weekend was a long weekend for most of us here in Europe. For some, even today is free.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #9
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
mtravellerh, I have of course understanding for busy times, holidays, etc.

The first time I used their contact form was about a month ago. No answer....
Ok, shit happens, stuff get lost... tried again about a week and a half ago. Still no answer....

Things happens.... but no way in hell I want my support issues handled by such a company, it is just not worth it when there are other alternatives.
If something happens, are we allowed to use any support center for Pocketbook or do we have to go through the reseller?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
mtravellerh, I have of course understanding for busy times, holidays, etc.

The first time I used their contact form was about a month ago. No answer....
Ok, shit happens, stuff get lost... tried again about a week and a half ago. Still no answer....

Things happens.... but no way in hell I want my support issues handled by such a company, it is just not worth it when there are other alternatives.
If something happens, are we allowed to use any support center for Pocketbook or do we have to go through the reseller?
No, PocketBook is the way to go
Old 11-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #11
onesome
Connoisseur

Quote:
I had my doubts because of their poorly made web-page but they answered all my questions quickly so I preordered PB903. I have good e-shopping experience also and hope not to go into troubles right now.

Last edited by onesome; 11-02-2010 at 11:47 AM.