Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 03-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
paulpeer
Zealot
paulpeer is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, Sony PRS-505, EPUBreader
EPUBReader doesn't find the CSS file?

I ran into a strange problem. I have an ePub file, which is OK in Validator, in Sigil, in Bookworm, in Stanza, but EPUBReader ignores the CSS file.

Does someone have an idea what is wrong?
Attached Files
File Type: epub monato201005tussen.epub (34.6 KB, 573 views)
paulpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpeer View Post
I ran into a strange problem. I have an ePub file, which is OK in Validator, in Sigil, in Bookworm, in Stanza, but EPUBReader ignores the CSS file.

Does someone have an idea what is wrong?
Hi Paul,

did you try to load the pages directly in Firefox? Does it look different compared to EPUBReader?

Michael
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
paulpeer
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
did you try to load the pages directly in Firefox? Does it look different compared to EPUBReader?
No, in Firefox the CSS isn't recognized either. In Safari it is perfect.

It's the first time that I see such a phenomenon. In all the other e-books I made, EPUBReader and Firefox do recognize the CSS. So I must be overlooking something ...
Old 03-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
No, in Firefox the CSS isn't recognized either. In Safari it is perfect.
I had a short look at your css. I've seen that you use "<style>" and "</style>". I guess, that these tags are causing the problem. Please remove them and try it again.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
paulpeer
Zealot

Quote:
I had a short look at your css. I've seen that you use "<style>" and "</style>". I guess, that these tags are causing the problem. Please remove them and try it again.
No, that doesn't change a thing. Thanks for trying anyway!
Advert
Old 03-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #6
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
No, that doesn't change a thing. Thanks for trying anyway!
Okay, but you should remove them nevertheless .

I found the problem:

Code:
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="../Styles/Style0001.css" type="test/css" />
You use "test" instead of "text" .
Old 03-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
What should it look like? I just brought it up in Seamonkey and it looks ok to me. the only problem I see off hand is the signature is over to the right while the closing greeting is on the left. Have you overridden the default style setting in FF?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #8
paulpeer
Zealot

Quote:
You use "test" instead of "text" .
O boy, what this small error can cause! But it wasn't my fault ... see here who is the real culprit: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78034 (first response in the thread)
Old 03-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #9
paulpeer
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
What should it look like? I just brought it up in Seamonkey and it looks ok to me.
Yes, it was OK in every program. None of them saw the typo I made (see posts before this one). Only EUBReader/Firefox saw it. Very interesting experience!