Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
James Bryant
Ebook fanatic since 1962
James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook3/REB1100/Kolin/iRex iLiad/JetBook & JB Mini/Onyx C67, T68, Poke
World Science Fiction Convention - Denver 6-10 August

This post is going to several sub-forums, apologies for any inconvenience. Is there somewhere I could have posted it once and yet ensure that all hardware enthusiasts see it? It does not seem to be possible to post to the root Forum >E-Book Devices

I have offered to chair a session on ebook hardware issues at the World Science Fiction Convention in Denver 6-10 August.
http://www.denvention3.org/
It now seems that there will be quite a lot of ebook related stuff but at my session, if it comes off, I should like there to be examples of as many different readers as possible available for the audience to see.

I own, and shall be bringing, a Kolin reader, an REB1100, an (eBookwise) REB1150, an REB1200, a Bookeen Cybook3, and an iRex iLiad.

I really do think there should be a Sony (500 or 505 - preferably both) and a Kindle. Is anyone from this Forum going to Denver who has one of these that they are willing to bring to my session, please?

Does anyone likewise have anything else they would be willing to bring (e.g. an original Rocket eBook, a Franklin, or one of the several very new readers [HanLin V2 or V3, STAReBOOK STK-101, Polymer Vision "Readius", Astak Mentor EB-300, or whatever] currently being introduced)?

Thanks for any help - James
James Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I will be at that session but will only have my Cybook Gen3 and Nokia N810 with me. But somebody has to bring a Kindle so I can look at it. I was thinking about trying to buy one when I am there and either have it delivered to a hotel or to a friend but I want to see it in person first.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2008, 01:46 AM   #3
ZenEngineer
Connoisseur
ZenEngineer has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505
I have a 500 (broken) and a 505 (new), and will be at Denvention as well. As we get closer, let me know if you need me and my hardware for a panel.
ZenEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I would have *loved* to participate in this event. Unfortunately, it's scheduled against my semi-annual technical conference to be held in San Jose, California. If you get an opportunity to plan something like this with a bit more lead time, let me know.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote