Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolgiati View Post
Last night I posted them on the SolydX forum, and got a reply the files were no longer available; I checked myself earlier this morning, and got the same reply from Google.

I see they are available again, which is all to the good ;-3)
I think there might be daily bandwidth/download restrictions of some kind, but I can't be certain.

Quote:
And anyway it cannot hurt to have them saved in several places; I'll just have to make sure in the future that the files I have are the latest release.
Agreed.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #32
marty5000
marty5000 began at the beginning.

Device: none
OMG! Thank you! At one time, I installed this using the long method (with Qt and all that jazz) and it took me hours. I have since wiped my computer and completely forgotten how to install it. I don't have time to relearn how to do it today, I have to make books.

So far, it seems to work just fine, and for that I could kiss your face.

You've done a wonderful job! A thousand times "thank you"!
marty5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #33
blendenzo
blendenzo began at the beginning.

Device: various
Please accept my expression of gratitude. I would have continued using the 6 series for the forseeable future had you not shared this.
blendenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #34
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Uploaded the 64-bit version of 0.7.3 (Qt 5.1.0) if anyone's feeling brave. The link can be found in the first post of this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...53&postcount=1

Hope to have the 32-bit version up soon.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #35
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Hope to have the 32-bit version up soon.
Done. Links for the 32- and 64-bit version of 0.7.3 can be found in the first post of this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...53&postcount=1

Please do tell me if any problems are encountered.
Advert
Old 08-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #36
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
One thing I've just found, if I add a html file, any html files, aren't include as they used to be.

Code:
    <p><a href="001.html">Chapter One</a></p>
    <p><a href="002.html">Chapter Two</a></p>
    <p><a href="003.html">Chapter Three</a></p>
The files are in same folder as file imported.

Any linked css or image files are added.

Can anyone else check.

(Also posted in v0.7.3 release thread - here)
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #37
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I can't imagine it would have anything to do with the Linux build process, but I'll certainly check later on today.

To be clear: you're saying that 0.7.2 automatically pulled in all the linked html files where 0.7.3 doesn't? I only ask because it's not something I'd normally come across in my usage.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #38
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
To be clear: you're saying that 0.7.2 automatically pulled in all the linked html files where 0.7.3 doesn't? I only ask because it's not something I'd normally come across in my usage.
I know the older versions (v0.5 & 0.6) did, not sure about the v0.7 series though.

I made a note in the main 0.7.3 release thread so maybe others will chip in there.

Edit:
SORRY
Just installed an older version to test (v0.5.3) and Sigil doesn't pull in the linked html files, must have mis-remembered -> calibre does that though - just me getting confused.

Last edited by Perkin; 08-05-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #39
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
@DiapDealer

Thank you very much for your 7.3 Sigil 64 bits deb. It's really very convenient. I did not have the time to test it extensively, but up to now, everything seems to be going smoothly and I noticed that the bug about disappearing nbsp (Alt+160) on opening is gone.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #40
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

You're welcome.
The Sigil team gets all the credit for any bugfixes, though. I just package it up with the Qt5 support stuff.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #41
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Some of Qt 5.1's plugin libs were missing from my 0.7.3 packages. I tracked it down as a result of roger64's questions in this thread. It's a platforminputcontext plugin that was affecting his non-US keyboard. Adding the plugins to the package seemed to fix the problem.

So the links in the first post of the thread have been updated to provide the latest package that include all (hopefully) the plugins necessary.

Bottom line is: unless you're experiencing difficulties with your installation, I don't think it's critical to update at this time. But if you start noticing input-related issues (or if you have a non-US keyboard), you may want to download the latest package and install it.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #42
rferran
rferran began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3+
DiapDealer, Thank you very much. I'm using a 32 bit Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with an spanish keyboard and catalan variation (ca_ES), and this version of Sigil 0.7.3 is working really fine. The problem with dead keys (accented characters) is 100% solved. Thanks again.
rferran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #43
stblack
stblack began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Thanks
I just try the package you linked on ubuntu 13.04 and found an alert.

Lintian check results for /home/stblack/deb/sigil/Sigil-0.7.3-Linux_x86.deb:
E: sigil: maintainer-address-missing DiapDealer

Why not you don't open a ppa on launchpad ?

bye
Stblack
stblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #44
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stblack View Post
Why not you don't open a ppa on launchpad ?
Mainly because I would find that a bit too involved and "official" for an "unofficial" package.

Plus, the hope is that my unofficial package will become altogether unnecessary once Qt5 packages start rolling out from the official distros' repos.

Does Lintian (I don't use it) actually prevent you from installing it, or are you just hesitant to override it? I fully understand if you're not willing to trust binaries from just any old internet stranger, but I'm just not ready to jump through all the hoops necessary to ease your mind (if I even could).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-05-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #45
Perkin
Guru

Are you using the correct package i.e. 32 or 64bit.
I had this warning when I used software center, but not when using gdebi to install it.