Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-06-2014, 03:54 AM   #61
mostafa.dkhissi
mostafa.dkhissi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi Marek,
Kernel with latest commit don't want to compile, but when I reverted latest commit it compile but touchscreen has became terrible. how to compile with latest commit ?
mostafa.dkhissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #62
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hi Marek, thanks for the android image.

How do I change the sleep/power off images?
nevermind found it on the last page...I knew I read it somewhere before.

Last edited by freekobo; 12-10-2014 at 04:16 PM.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:30 PM   #63
KeiBontakun
KeiBontakun began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Dear Marek,
I find Android for Kobo v2 very useful, I can't live without it.
I've managed to run Kindle with swap uty, it's real all-around player.

I have a small problem every day, Kobo sometimes shows "Hinweis...." dialog,
Is there any good tips to close the dialog during portrait mode?
KeiBontakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #64
Teom@n
Enthusiast
Teom@n began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra H2O
Dear Marek,

How could I this fw with Aura?
Teom@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:07 PM   #65
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Teom@n

I'm not at all sure you can. One of the issues with the Kobo Aura is that it has NO internal SD card; rather the internal storage is on a flash-chip.

This means it is impossible to overwrite a disk image over the internal storage; so both installation AND recovery are well-nigh impossible.

(And I know that someone will chime in and say that as long as you can get telnet access to the device that you can probably do it from the command prompt. I just caution you that until someone can provide a foolproof WORKING installation / recovery means you risk totally bricking your device with NO means of recovery).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #66
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's possible to make the Aura H2O boot from the external SD card by changing the u-boot parameters (the same way it's done for factory resets); once that is done you can mess with the external card any way you like, and a factory reset would make it switch back to the internal memory. Maybe this would work for the Aura as well. But as PeterT says, if the device bricks, it will be difficult to recover.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:11 AM   #67
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
It's possible to make the Aura H2O boot from the external SD card by changing the u-boot parameters (the same way it's done for factory resets); once that is done you can mess with the external card any way you like, and a factory reset would make it switch back to the internal memory. Maybe this would work for the Aura as well. But as PeterT says, if the device bricks, it will be difficult to recover.
Nice! So did you get Android working on Kobo H2O?
Could you give a link to the u-boot parameters?
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #68
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hmmm. Maybe it doesn't work after all and I have to take back my words.

This is what it does for a factory reset:

Code:
dd if=$UBOOT_RECOVERY of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=128k count=1 seek=6
In case of the H2O that's /etc/u-boot/mx50-ntx/u-boot.{mmc,recovery}

And the difference of this file is like:

Code:
 bootcmd_SD=run bootargs_base bootargs_SD;load_ntxkernel; bootm
 bootcmd_recovery=run bootargs_base bootargs_recovery;load_ntxkernel; bootm
 verify=no
-bootcmd=run bootcmd_mmc
 bootargs_recovery=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4
 bootargs_mmc=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootfstype=ext4
 bootargs_SD=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 rootfstype=ext4
+bootcmd=run bootcmd_recovery
 bootargs_base=setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 rootwait rw quiet lpj=3997696
 stdin=serial
 stdout=serial
So it changes bootcmd_mmc (the normal internal memory) to bootcmd_recovery (the internal recovery partition) and when it boots from the recovery partition, the scripts there perform the factory reset itself and switch it back to bootcmd_mmc.

There's also a bootcmd_SD in there which should use the SD card; and I changed it to run bootcmd_SD and I thought it had worked. I put a copy of the internal filesystem to the SD card and it booted from it, or so I thought; but now when I try it again somehow I can't make it work. It did boot, but using the internal memory like normal. So now I'm no longer sure I succeeded the first time around.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:42 PM   #69
Sanxel
Sanxel began at the beginning.

Hello!
What about the dualboot version for Glo? I've read on the page 3 about some problems after applying dualboot files from the previous version.
Sanxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:47 AM   #70
chriscsh
chriscsh began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanxel View Post
Hello!
What about the dualboot version for Glo? I've read on the page 3 about some problems after applying dualboot files from the previous version.
i have the dualboot version with no problem
chriscsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:35 AM   #71
Timmons
Timmons began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello!
I have two questions.

1. Auto sleep case doesn't work. Is anybody using sleep case?
How can I fix this?

2. I like this modified coolreader. I have Onyx T68 too. So I want this modified coolreader to use on my T68. But Full Screen update option doesn't work. Can I modify coolreader to work on my T68?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Timmons; 01-02-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Timmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:10 AM   #72
Stremon
Stremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo glo
Was anyone able to use this image for dual boot? (on extSD)
If so, is there someone kind enough to share an image with us?
Stremon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:00 AM   #73
scoky
Connoisseur
scoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; KOBO AURA HD
So Does anyone move this version android to Kobo Aura HD?
scoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:40 PM   #74
mobamoba
Enthusiast
mobamoba began at the beginning.

I've been using this for a bit with my Kobo Glo and wondered if there was any way to make Wifi turn back on when returning from sleep because I have to do it manually every time. Is there a fix for this? I saw this (http://angor00.blogspot.com/) and wondered if it would help (though I don't have the technical know-how to convert this to the Glo).

And +1 on the sleep cover if it's doable. Thanks!
mobamoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:55 PM   #75
Teom@n
Enthusiast
Teom@n began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
@Teom@n

I'm not at all sure you can. One of the issues with the Kobo Aura is that it has NO internal SD card; rather the internal storage is on a flash-chip.

This means it is impossible to overwrite a disk image over the internal storage; so both installation AND recovery are well-nigh impossible.

(And I know that someone will chime in and say that as long as you can get telnet access to the device that you can probably do it from the command prompt. I just caution you that until someone can provide a foolproof WORKING installation / recovery means you risk totally bricking your device with NO means of recovery).
Thanks for answer Peter
Teom@n is offline   Reply With Quote