Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
Arrghus
Zealot
Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle PW2; Nexus 5X
A Separate Sub-forum for Kindle Deals?

This section of MobileRead is completely dominated with Kindle freebies and deals, and finding anything non-Kindle related is a chore. Would it not be better to put all the Kindle deals in a separate sub-forum; or, alternatively, put all the deals for other devices into this separate area? Either way, I'd be a lot happier!

Would you?
Arrghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
No.

I have more than one reader and many of the deals are for multiple readers (or DRM-free).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
rogerVA
Connoisseur
rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite & Kindle 3
No. I like it as is. If the vast majority of info is Kindle-related, well it seems there should be other forums for the less-frequently mentioned readers, not the other way around.
rogerVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrghus View Post
This section of MobileRead is completely dominated with Kindle freebies and deals, and finding anything non-Kindle related is a chore. Would it not be better to put all the Kindle deals in a separate sub-forum; or, alternatively, put all the deals for other devices into this separate area? Either way, I'd be a lot happier!

Would you?
There's already a sticky thread (OT: we need a new one for July) in the Kindle forum for Kindle-specific deals and freebies.

While the Amazon store has more freebies/deals than just about anywhere else, many of the Kindle freebies on here are matched by other bookstores (like B&N and Kobo; I don't see many Sony matches but then again I don't look out so IDK). Also, even if the thread title identifies a Kindle freebie/deal, you should still check it out because the OPs/others usually post the links when the offers are matched by other stores.

There are freebies/deals for all eReaders on here - the OPs take the time to post them for us, I guess the least we can do is to devote a little time to find what's suitable for our eReaders
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #5
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
No. I don't have a Kindle but I sure do take advantage of a great many of their deals via Kindle for PC. Many of the Kindle deals run concurrently with other stores so we'd end up having to wade through twice as many posts to find new bargains.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I think everyone here does a terrific job! This is the first place I come to each morning. There are too many posters to thank Individually but I for one appreciate all good freebies and deals posted here.

Even though a post may say Kindle it's usually has links to other stores like BN, Kobo or Sony. Sometimes smaller stores like Books on Board, AllForRomance or the publisher's site. It works the other way around. It may say B&N but the Kindle link shows up in the thread most of the time.

Don't be fooled by the Kindle tag you may miss out on a good freebie!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:05 AM   #7
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
As an owner of a couple not-Kindles I appreciate the hassle of wading through individual posts to find which ones are Kindle, which aren't, and which Kindle posts are also applicable to me. But I can't think of a workable way to weed the Kindle posts into their own sub-forum that wouldn't also mean double posting the all the ones that are (or subsequently become) available to non-Kindles.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:42 AM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Yeah it would mean a lot of double postings I imagine especially if the book is non-DRM so that a person could run it through Calibre and convert it to their preferred format (if it didn't already exist in that format). As it is we have the Indie posts which list the Amazon free books now. If the Mods were to make the "Indie Freebee's for the Kindle" a sticky or sub-forum so we didn't have to search through the threads for the thread every day though that would possibly be useful.

Last edited by crich70; 07-02-2011 at 02:45 AM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:26 AM   #9
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Just from what I've learnt in this thread, I obviously need to read them all - I've always simply excluded all the kindle tagged posts....

Twit.....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #10
Arrghus
Zealot
Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle PW2; Nexus 5X
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Just from what I've learnt in this thread, I obviously need to read them all - I've always simply excluded all the kindle tagged posts....

Twit.....
Ditto. Same here. I really ought to get to grips fully with Calibre and convert what I can.

It's pretty conclusive then - there should be no sub-forum. You've all made very convincing arguments why there shouldn't, and the one acknowledged by carpetmojo above is perhaps the strongest.
Arrghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:27 AM   #11
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Maybe the solution would be tag.
"ePub" "kindl" "multifomat" and whatever else relevant ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote