Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 03:34 AM   #1
yung12345
yung12345 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Is it possible to unlock the docomo 3g of Japanese version Kinle Paperwhite 3G?

Is it possible to unlock the docomo 3g of Japanese version Kinle Paperwhite 3G so that I can use the 3G function globally?
yung12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:38 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
MobileRead does not permit the discussion of subjects like this. Please do not ask again.

Thank you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yung12345 View Post
Is it possible to unlock the docomo 3g of Japanese version Kindle Paperwhite 3G so that I can use the 3G function globally?
Amazon has to pay for 3G traffic. Because your desired usage of 3G outside the bounds of what they normally allow would actually cost them real money, it would be considered theft of service. We do not condone theft.

What we do here is to add value to the kindles, making them more attractive to a larger audience. Stealing from amazon would only force them to lock future kindle models down even harder, making it much more difficult for us to create useful and valuable add-on features for them.

Please do not do things that will cost amazon extra money beyond what they allow. Thanks.

That said, it is not a violation of the amazon kindle Terms of Service to click links in the social networking feature, and exploring such links can lead to Google. Although such exploration does not violate the TOS, you should beware that amazon knows where you visit because all of your 3G traffic goes through their proxy and they know who you are. Please do not abuse it. We will not provide details about which links to click.

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-26-2012 at 12:21 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:07 AM   #4
yung12345
yung12345 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
I really apologize for that. I have put the my post under the wrong heading of 'hack'. Don't get me wrong. What I really mean is to know whether I can pay any extra money to amazon to change the firmware of my Japanese Kindle Paperwhite 3g so that I can use the 3G to buy ebooks from Amazon directly outside Japan without the use of wifi. I had thought that the 3g of Japanese kindle pw 3g before buying it. I used to think it is a kind of legal hack (sorry for my wrong personal understanding of the wrod hack). If it is possible to do it this way, it is still more convenient than trading in my Japanese one and then buying an US one (international one). Sorry for any misunderstanding caused.
yung12345 is offline   Reply With Quote