Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
Acknud
Acknud began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad with multiple readers
Can't connect to server

I need some help. I recently got a new router and all of a sudden I can't connect to the Calibre server. I am using Stanza on Ipad and it had worked flawlessly before my router switch. I am using the Ubuntu version and my router is a Netgear N600. I enter my IP and the port number and it just sits there trying to connect. I did a port scan and it shows the port to be open and listening. I am not much of a network whiz and I have messed with it all I know how. I have a static ip. I never get to a login screen. It times out.
Acknud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acknud View Post
I need some help. I recently got a new router and all of a sudden I can't connect to the Calibre server. I am using Stanza on Ipad and it had worked flawlessly before my router switch. I am using the Ubuntu version and my router is a Netgear N600. I enter my IP and the port number and it just sits there trying to connect. I did a port scan and it shows the port to be open and listening. I am not much of a network whiz and I have messed with it all I know how. I have a static ip. I never get to a login screen. It times out.
StaticIP on your Router (WAN side).
What about on the Calibre server box?
Static or Reserved?
Did you forward the port to the server?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert