Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
finsalscollons
finsalscollons began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
PDF pages too small after conversion

Hello.

I have been searching this problem for hours and I have found no solution so I am going to ask here.

With Calibre, when I convert a mobi or epub to PDF, the pages of the PDF are very small (in fact, as small as the ones in the original document). Small pages are good for e-readers but I want the PDF to send it to my students so they can print it and read it in a traditional manner.

Is there any method to increase the size of the pages of the PDF after the conversion so it is similar to the size of a normal PDF.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Finsals
finsalscollons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #2
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
You probably have the "Output Profile" set to your reading device. Instead, you will want to set the "Override page size" with 8.5"x11" pages (or whatever size PDF you prefer). Take a look at the manual:

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conv...verting-to-pdf
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #3
finsalscollons
finsalscollons began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Thank you very much. Now it's much better.

Is it possible to define the margins of the PDF after conversion? There are too narrow.

Thanks
finsalscollons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:35 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by finsalscollons View Post
Is it possible to define the margins of the PDF after conversion? There are too narrow.
@finsalscollons - Maybe you can do this with PDF-XChange and the Bullzip PDF Printer programs, they're both free. PDF-XChange to do the scaling, Bullzip to do the paper sizing

Attached is a few pages of the calibre manual that I scaled to 80% on Letter Small paper.

BR
Attached Files
File Type: pdf calibre3.pdf (902.8 KB, 310 views)

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-11-2014 at 11:07 PM. Reason: wrong attachment
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote