Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #16
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
And here's a link to the English version: http://www.imcosys.com/ebook-reader.html.

I'm interested. I like the fact that the page turn buttons are on both edges and that I won't have to convert books to epub format, but its definitely going to come down to the quality of the frontlight.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I made a page for this product in our wiki ImcoV6L

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #18
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Here is a video, wrongly named Tolino Shine 2, found on alleslebook.de
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:03 AM   #19
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Hmm, has anyone seen any info on how much they weigh?
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:30 AM   #20
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Here is a video, wrongly named Tolino Shine 2, found on alleslebook.de
Thanks. Either the guy who's using it is utterly useless or the device is really slow and the screen doesn't look that great but that could be down to the lighting in the video.

I'm still quite interested and have emailed the company to ask them if they had any plans to release it in the UK.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:42 AM   #21
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
Hmm, has anyone seen any info on how much they weigh?
I read somewhere that it is 214gr.

[edit]I have just found the link: http://allesebook.de/e-book-reader/i...estellt-35186/ - It says that the weight was previously reported as being 250gr., but the correct weight is 214gr.[/edit]

Last edited by jlynton; 10-10-2013 at 04:46 AM.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #22
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Thanks. Either the guy who's using it is utterly useless or the device is really slow and the screen doesn't look that great but that could be down to the lighting in the video.
I have a feeling it's just really slow. I wonder if it could even handle the Overdrive Android app.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #23
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks. Either the guy who's using it is utterly useless or the device is really slow ...
It didn't look slow at all to me, just that the presenter didn't have much idea of how to use it.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #24
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It did look slow to me opening books and reacting to touch so Have to say that my PW2 really whizzes along.

I'll see what reply I get from the company - if they do decide to sell them in the UK then I'll definitely check it out.

Last edited by Yolina; 10-10-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #25
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
if they do decide to sell them in the UK then I'll definitely check it out.
Please let us know if there is to be a UK outlet.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #26
Yolina
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
Please let us know if there is to be a UK outlet.
Will do I emailed them yesterday, so no idea how long they will take to get back to me. If they don't bother to reply, or take a month or something then it will put me off buying their stuff.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #27
jlynton
Evangelist

Another video in english here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la9Rpkqgzrw
Old 10-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #28
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Interesting. I wonder if it will have a norefresh mode mode for smooth scrolling.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #29
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
A bit more information here: http://www.lesen.net/ereader/imcosys...st-video-8415/
(german)

From what I gather from the video/article, it seems to have Micro USB, uses Android 2.3, they (lesen.net) think it's not really ready for public yet.

The main question remaining (for me) would be the chip used. If the chip is good enough, I'm sure someone WILL make a backport of current Android for it.

[edit]Off-Topic: 300th post! I don't want to know how much would remain if irrelevant/angry ranting would be subtracted from the count :-)
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #30
Yolina
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberman tM View Post
uses Android 2.3
that's not great. I know it's an e-reader and not a tablet but still, 2.3 is just a tad too old I think

Edit: and yes if it can handle a more recent Android build, then I'm sure we'll be able to flash that but I would suspect that they use 2.3 because that's all the thing can cope with.

Gah

Last edited by Yolina; 10-11-2013 at 07:01 AM.