Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #106
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Attention color freaks: a new color has been added to the Paperwhite covers - royal purple. I pre-ordered this color and my delivery date is now the same as the Paperwhite

Only 3 more days !!
I freaked when I saw the purple and ordered it immediately! Cancelled the blue. Now the cover and the Paperwhite are due the same day, Oct 3. Woo hoo!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #107
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I thought we were not supposed to discuss politics in this forum.
Paying taxes or not is fair game.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #108
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Paying taxes or not is fair game.
At the rate the feds are printing new money lately, why even bother collecting income taxes anyway? The states still need some money though, which is why they view online sales with as a potential revenue stream for state sales taxes.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-29-2012 at 07:41 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #109
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
At the rate the feds are printing new money lately, why even bother collecting income taxes anyway? The states still need some money though, which is why they view online sales with as a potential revenue stream for state sales taxes.
Im just glad Michigan refuses to do what Cali did.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #110
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
Im just glad Michigan refuses to do what Cali did.
California will probably not be the last state to pass laws requiring Amazon to send them sales tax money.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:56 AM   #111
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Finally no longer "not yet shipped"

JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:22 AM   #112
nremondelli
Zealot
nremondelli is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Yup. Mine is shipping soon, too.
nremondelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:56 AM   #113
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Mine. alas, is still sitting in "Not yet shipped" status. It still says delivery on the 2nd, though, so I'm hoping the status changes (for the better) sometime today.

Yay! Mine is "Shipping Soon" now too, as of 9:42 AM ET.

Last edited by NNolan; 09-30-2012 at 09:43 AM.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #114
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Mine shipping soon as well ... wohoo! ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-30 at 8.05.39 AM.png
Views:	246
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	93093  
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #115
jswinden
Nameless Being

Mine is at "Shipping Soon" too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Since many of us with one day shipping are tentatively scheduled for deliveries of our PW on Tuesday October 2, then Amazon is tentatively scheduled to begin shipping them on Monday October 1. Last year when they shipped the first batch of pre-ordered Fires many of us with one day shipping got them a day earlier than the tentatively scheduled day for delivery. In other words, we got them on the day they were tentatively scheduled to begin shipping.

So if, and that is a big IF, Amazon ships the PW in time to be delivered a day earlier than tentatively scheduled, in other words to be delivered on Monday, then we should see our shipping status change to "Shipping Soon" either today (Saturday) or tomorrow (Sunday). Like I said that is a big if and they might not ship until Monday, or even later.
Looks like some of us might get them tomorrow!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #116
geekmaster

Two of mine changed to "shipping soon", but one is still "not shipped yet".

EDIT: Two of them will be shipped to kindle developers in Europe, so we can get some of our more popular hacks updated for Paperwhite support ASAP.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-30-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #117
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
My PW is "Shipping Soon" as well. Still no update on the cover that is schedule to also arrive on 10/2
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #118
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Does anyone know if Best Buy will have the the PW tomorrow? I called and they said yes, then I went to local Best Buy yesterday and asked salesperson and he did not even have a clue.. he got on the computer and was still unable to answer.. wow.. Brick and Motar stores are in trouble.. anyone know?
Thanks in advance..
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #119
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
Does anyone know if Best Buy will have the the PW tomorrow? I called and they said yes, then I went to local Best Buy yesterday and asked salesperson and he did not even have a clue.. he got on the computer and was still unable to answer.. wow.. Brick and Motar stores are in trouble.. anyone know?
Thanks in advance..
Doug
If they do, they will already be in the stores waiting to go on the shelves. BB inventory arrives on Tue or Wed so if they didn't get them in last week, it would be later in the week when they hit the shelf.

I would ask another salesperson.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #120
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
Thanks in advance..
Doug
One of the many reasons I quit dealing with Best Buy was their inability to know what they have in stock, much less what they might have in the future. I've called and been told a store doesn't have an item. That store looks up what is available at other stores in the area then gives me the number of another store that stocks that item, supposedly. I call that store just to be told they don't stock the item but their computer shows the referring store does!?! WTF? I'm basically put in a loop. It took a trip to the referring store and finding a manager who eventually located a case of the items in their storage room. They had it all along. I've also had very bad luck when ordering online with BB and when I get to the store I'm either told the order isn't processed are they have substituted another item because what I ordered was not in stock. This happened at least 3 times and afterwards I quit using BB. I can definitely see why BB is having to shut so many stores and scale back.