Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
oren
oren began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
"Error importing EPUB. EOCD not found. Not a ZIP archive? (Error Code 1068)"

Hi,
I made an .epub file which works well on iPhone.
When I try to activate it using "OverDrive Media" app on android I get this eeror message:

Tried googling it but can't find anything...
Any ideas?

Thanks
Oren
oren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Why would you need to activate it in order to read it if you made it yourself? If I am understanding you correctly, OverDrive is used to read library books. There are many apps that you can install on an android that will read non DRM epubs. Just type in android epub reader into google.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #3
oren

Well, I'm planning on selling this eBook and wanted to make sure it works well on all major ereaders...
Plus, it's in Hebrew and not all ereaders support it (ex. "aldiko").
Can you recommend a good ereader?
Thanks
Old 02-20-2012, 06:13 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren View Post
Hi,
I made an .epub file which works well on iPhone.
When I try to activate it using "OverDrive Media" app on android I get this eeror message:

Tried googling it but can't find anything...
http://www.justskins.com/forums/eocd...th-132874.html

It sounds to me like your .epub isn't a well-formed zip file. What tools did you use to create it?
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #5
oren

Hi,
I used Scrivener to build to book.
I used Sigil to check and validate + other custmizations.
I used Calibre to finally "close" the file.
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren View Post
Hi,
I used Scrivener to build to book.
I used Sigil to check and validate + other custmizations.
I used Calibre to finally "close" the file.
Try re-opening and and saving from Sigil.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
oren

Hi,
Tried it.. Not working. Same exact error message.
It's so frustrating...
Old 02-20-2012, 07:10 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

That's weird. If it were my problem, I'd now be delving into zip archive structure to check whether it's a bug in the zip reading software or the zip creating software...

My guess is a bug in the reader.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #9
oren

I don't really know how to do that
Just sent an email to: 'androidfeedback@overdrive.com'. Hopefully they can help...